Words containing w, a, t
4 letter words containing w, a, t
- swat — to hit; slap; smack.
- tawa — a tall timber tree, Beilschmiedia tawa, of New Zealand, having edible purple berries
- taws — a whip or leather thong used to drive a spinning top.
- tewa — a member of a cluster of pueblo-dwelling North American Indian peoples of New Mexico and Arizona.
- thaw — to pass or change from a frozen to a liquid or semiliquid state; melt.
5 letter words containing w, a, t
- await — If you await someone or something, you wait for them.
- batwa — Twa.
- fatwa — an Islamic religious decree issued by the ʿulama.
- mowat — Farley (McGill) 1921–2014, Canadian writer.
- ofwat — Office of Water Services: a government body set up in 1989 to regulate the activities of the water companies in England and Wales, and to protect the interests of their consumers
6 letter words containing w, a, t
7 letter words containing w, a, t
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- antiwar — opposed to war
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- antwren — any of several small antbirds, especially of the genus Myrmotherula.
8 letter words containing w, a, t
- antisway — Designed to stabilize the left and right suspension systems of a road vehicle so as reduce roll or sway when turning corners.
- artworks — Printing. the elements that constitute a mechanical, as type, proofs, and illustrations. a mechanical; paste-up.
- atwitter — twittering, nervously excited
- awaiting — waiting
- aweather — towards the weather
9 letter words containing w, a, t
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- afterwork — outside work hours; taking place or done after one's regular job is finished.
10 letter words containing w, a, t
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- angwantibo — a rare gold-coloured prosimian primate of tropical Africa, Arctocebus calabarensis, having digits that are specialized as a pair of pincers for climbing: family Lorisidae (lorises)
- anti-woman — the female human being, as distinguished from a girl or a man.
11 letter words containing w, a, t
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- arm-wrestle — (of two people) to sit facing each other with the elbows resting on a table and clasping hands with each other, each trying to force the other's arm flat onto the table while keeping his or her own elbow touching the table
- awestricken — filled with awe.
12 letter words containing w, a, t
- arm-twisting — persuasion
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- attawapiskat — a river in NE Ontario, Canada, flowing E and N to James Bay. 465 miles (748 km) long.
- autorickshaw — (in India) a light three-wheeled vehicle driven by a motorcycle engine
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
13 letter words containing w, a, t
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
14 letter words containing w, a, t
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
15 letter words containing w, a, t
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
16 letter words containing w, a, t
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- forward-thinking — planning or tending to plan for the future; forward-looking.
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
17 letter words containing w, a, t
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
18 letter words containing w, a, t
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing w, a, t
20 letter words containing w, a, t
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hail-fellow-well-met — friendly but insincere
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
- strawberry-raspberry — an arching, prickly, Japanese plant, Rubus illecebrosus, of the rose family, having an herbaceous stem, white, fragrant flowers, and large, edible, scarlet fruit.
21 letter words containing w, a, t
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- surface-to-underwater — (of a missile, message, etc.) traveling from the surface of the earth to a target underwater.
22 letter words containing w, a, t
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7924 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.