Words containing w, a, s, h
4 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- haws — to utter a sound representing a hesitation or pause in speech.
- shaw — Anna Howard, 1847–1919, U.S. physician, reformer, and suffragist, born in England.
- shwa — the mid-central, neutral vowel sound typically occurring in unstressed syllables in English, however spelled, as the sound of a in alone and sofa, e in system, i in easily, o in gallop, u in circus.
- wash — to apply water or some other liquid to (something or someone) for the purpose of cleansing; cleanse by dipping, rubbing, or scrubbing in water or some other liquid.
5 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- awash — If the ground or a floor is awash, it is covered in water, often because of heavy rain or as the result of an accident.
- chaws — Plural form of chaw.
- hawks — a medium-range, mobile U.S. surface-to-air missile system.
- hawse — the part of a bow where the hawseholes are located.
- pshaw — an exclamation of “pshaw!”.
6 letter words containing w, a, s, h
7 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- airwash — to cool (a roof or the like) with a current of air.
- ashdown — Paddy, Baron. real name Jeremy John Durham Ashdown. born 1941, British politician; leader of the Liberal Democrats (formerly the Social and Liberal Democrats) (1988–99); UN high representative in Bosnia-Herzegovina (2002–06)
- ashwood — The wood of the ash tree.
- bagwash — a laundry that washes clothes without drying or pressing them
8 letter words containing w, a, s, h
9 letter words containing w, a, s, h
10 letter words containing w, a, s, h
11 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
- answerphone — An answerphone is a device which you connect to your telephone and which records telephone calls while you are out.
- anti-jewish — anti-Semitic
12 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
- athwartships — from one side to the other of a vessel at right angles to the keel
- autorickshaw — (in India) a light three-wheeled vehicle driven by a motorcycle engine
- bhubaneshwar — a state in E India. 60,136 sq. mi. (155,752 sq. km). Capital: Bhubaneshwar.
- bottlewasher — a person or machine that washes bottles.
13 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- autorickshaws — Plural form of autorickshaw.
- bantamweights — Plural form of bantamweight.
- bassenthwaite — a lake in NW England, in Cumbria near Keswick. Length: 6 km (4 miles)
- bottle-washer — a menial or factotum
14 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- bophuthatswana — (formerly) a Bantu homeland in N South Africa: consisted of six separate areas; declared independent by South Africa in 1977 although this was not internationally recognized; abolished in 1993. Capital: Mmabatho
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
- featherweights — Plural form of featherweight.
15 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- craftswomanship — The body of skills, techniques, and expertise of (a) feminine craft(s).
- crashworthiness — the ability of a vehicle structure to withstand a crash
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- downheartedness — The characteristic of being downhearted; sadness.
16 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- clay-with-flints — a deposit of stiff clay containing unworn whole flints in the S England
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
- pay-as-you-throw — denoting a system for waste collection in which households are charged according to the amount of refuse they leave
- superheavyweight — an amateur boxer weighing more than 91 kg
- watson-wentworth — Charles, 2nd Marquis of Rockingham [rok-ing-uh m] /ˈrɒk ɪŋ əm/ (Show IPA), 1730–82, British statesman: prime minister 1765–66, 1782.
17 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- how's-your-father — sexual intercourse
- narrow-shouldered — having shoulders which do not extend very far from the neck; not broad-shouldered
- weather-resistant — resisting the effects of severe weather, as rain or cold: weather-resistant cloth for topcoats.
- well-accomplished — completed; done; effected: an accomplished fact.
18 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- swollen-headedness — the quality of being conceited
- west-northwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-northwest.
- west-southwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-southwest.
19 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- straightforwardness — going or directed straight ahead: a straightforward gaze.
20 letter words containing w, a, s, h
21 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
22 letter words containing w, a, s, h
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, S, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2946 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, S, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.