Words containing w, a, r, e
4 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- awre — Atomic Weapons Research Establishment
5 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- aware — If you are aware of something, you know about it.
- awner — a machine for removing awns from grain
- carew — Thomas. ?1595–?1639, English Cavalier poet
- dewar — Donald. 1937–2000, Scottish Labour politician; secretary of state for Scotland (1997–99); first minister of Scotland (1999–2000)
- lawer — Obsolete form of lawyer.
6 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- answer — When you answer someone who has asked you something, you say something back to them.
- aweary — weary; tired (of)
7 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- aircrew — The aircrew on a plane are the pilot and other people who are responsible for flying it and for looking after any passengers who are on it.
- andrews — Thomas. 1813–85, Irish physical chemist, noted for his work on the liquefaction of gases
- answers — a spoken or written reply or response to a question, request, letter, etc.: He sent an answer to my letter promptly.
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
8 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- andrewes — Lancelot. 1555–1626, English bishop and theologian
- answerer — someone who answers
- anywhere — You use anywhere in statements with negative meaning to indicate that a place does not exist.
9 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- afterwork — outside work hours; taking place or done after one's regular job is finished.
10 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- activewear — clothing for wear while engaging in sports, recreation, etc.; sportswear
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- aircrewman — a member of an aircrew.
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
11 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
12 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- awe-stricken — filled with awe.
- backwardness — toward the back or rear.
- basketweaver — a person who advocates simple, natural, and unsophisticated living
13 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- ajmer-merwara — a former province in NW India. 2400 sq. mi. (6216 sq. km).
- amakwerekwere — a term used by Black people to refer to foreign Africans
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- aperitif-wine — a small drink of alcoholic liquor taken to stimulate the appetite before a meal.
14 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- carpet-sweeper — a household device with a revolving brush for sweeping carpets
15 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
16 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- curtain-twitcher — a person who likes to watch unobserved what other people are doing
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
- superheavyweight — an amateur boxer weighing more than 91 kg
- swedenborgianism — of or relating to Emanuel Swedenborg, his religious doctrines, or the body of followers adhering to these doctrines and constituting the Church of the New Jerusalem, or New Church.
17 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
18 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- country-and-western — country music.
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- hawaii-standard-time — Alaska-Hawaii time.
- newcastle-under-lyme — a town in W central England, in Staffordshire. Pop: 74 427 (2001)
- saxe-weimar-eisenach — a former grand duchy in Thuringia in central Germany.
- strawberry-raspberry — an arching, prickly, Japanese plant, Rubus illecebrosus, of the rose family, having an herbaceous stem, white, fragrant flowers, and large, edible, scarlet fruit.
21 letter words containing w, a, r, e
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- surface-to-underwater — (of a missile, message, etc.) traveling from the surface of the earth to a target underwater.
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7371 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.