Words containing w, a, d, e
4 letter words containing w, a, d, e
5 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- awned — a bristlelike appendage of a plant, especially on the glumes of grasses.
- dawes — Charles Gates. 1865–1951, US financier, diplomat, and statesman, who devised the Dawes Plan for German reparations payments after World War I; vice president of the US (1925–29); Nobel peace prize 1925
- dewan — (formerly in India) the chief minister or finance minister of a state ruled by an Indian prince
- dewar — Donald. 1937–2000, Scottish Labour politician; secretary of state for Scotland (1997–99); first minister of Scotland (1999–2000)
- dwale — Deadly nightshade or belladonna.
6 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- adware — a type of computer software that collects information about a user's browsing patterns in order to display relevant advertisements in his or her Web browser
- andrew — Saint. one of the twelve apostles of Jesus; the brother of Peter; patron saint of Scotland. Feast day: Nov 30
- avowed — If you are an avowed supporter or opponent of something, you have declared that you support it or oppose it.
- awaked — waking; not sleeping.
- clawed — having claws (sometimes used in combination): sharp-clawed.
7 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- andrews — Thomas. 1813–85, Irish physical chemist, noted for his work on the liquefaction of gases
- awaited — to wait for; expect; look for: He is still awaiting an answer.
- awarded — to give as due or merited; assign or bestow: to award prizes.
- awardee — the recipient of an award.
8 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- agueweed — a North American gentianaceous plant, Gentiana quinquefolia, that has clusters of pale blue-violet or white flowers
- andrewes — Lancelot. 1555–1626, English bishop and theologian
- avowedly — acknowledged; declared: an avowed enemy.
- awardees — the recipient of an award.
- beadwork — a narrow strip of some material used for edging or ornamentation
9 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- afterward — If you do something or if something happens afterward, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterword — An afterword is a short essay at the end of a book, usually written by the author.
- allowedly — by general admission or agreement; admittedly
- aloeswood — agalloch.
- arrowhead — An arrowhead is the sharp, pointed part of an arrow.
10 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- afterwards — If you do something or if something happens afterwards, you do it or it happens after a particular event or time that has already been mentioned.
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
- autowinder — a battery-operated device for advancing the film in a camera automatically after each exposure
- awl-shaped — shaped like an awl
11 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- awkwardness — lacking skill or dexterity. Synonyms: clumsy, inept; unskillful, unhandy, inexpert. Antonyms: deft, adroit, skillful, dexterous; handy.
- bladderwort — any aquatic plant of the genus Utricularia, some of whose leaves are modified as small bladders to trap minute aquatic animals: family Lentibulariaceae
12 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- backwardness — toward the back or rear.
- baden-powell — Robert Stephenson Smyth (smɪθ, smaɪθ), 1st Baron Baden-Powell. 1857–1941, British general, noted for his defence of Mafeking (1899–1900) in the Boer War; founder of the Boy Scouts (1908) and (with his sister Agnes) the Girl Guides (1910)
13 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- bread-winning — a person who earns a livelihood, especially one who also supports dependents.
- dock-walloper — a casual laborer about docks or wharves.
- down-to-earth — practical and realistic: a down-to-earth person.
- edwardsianism — a modified form of Calvinism taught by Jonathan Edwards.
14 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- battered-women — the array of physical and psychological injuries exhibited by women (battered women or battered wives) who have been beaten repeatedly or otherwise abused by their partners or spouses.
- centre-forward — A centre-forward in a team sport such as football or hockey is the player or position in the middle of the front row of attacking players.
- crawfordsville — a city in W central Indiana.
15 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
16 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
- swedenborgianism — of or relating to Emanuel Swedenborg, his religious doctrines, or the body of followers adhering to these doctrines and constituting the Church of the New Jerusalem, or New Church.
- völkerwanderung — the migration of peoples, esp of Germanic and Slavic peoples into S and W Europe from 2nd to 11th centuries
- well-appreciated — to be grateful or thankful for: They appreciated his thoughtfulness.
17 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- great-grandnephew — a grandson of one's nephew or niece.
18 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- west-northwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-northwest.
- west-southwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-southwest.
19 letter words containing w, a, d, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- country-and-western — country music.
- nine--days---wonder — an event or thing that arouses considerable but short-lived interest or excitement.
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
20 letter words containing w, a, d, e
21 letter words containing w, a, d, e
On this page, we collect all words with W, A, D, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4103 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, A, D, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.