Words containing v, o
3 letter words containing v, o
4 letter words containing v, o
- arvo — afternoon
- avon — a former county of SW England, created in 1974 from areas of N Somerset and S Gloucestershire: replaced in 1996 by the unitary authorities of Bath and North East Somerset (Somerset), North Somerset (Somerset), South Gloucestershire (Gloucestershire), and Bristol
- avow — If you avow something, you admit it or declare it.
- azov — Sea ofnorthern arm of the Black Sea, in SE Europe: c. 14,000 sq mi (36,260 sq km)
- cove — A cove is a part of a coast where the land curves inwards so that the sea is partly enclosed.
5 letter words containing v, o
- above — If one thing is above another one, it is directly over it or higher than it.
- anova — analysis of variance
- aviso — a boat carrying messages; a dispatch-boat
- avoid — If you avoid something unpleasant that might happen, you take action in order to prevent it from happening.
- basov — Nikolai Gennediyevich (nikaˈlaj ɡjiˈnadjejivitʃ). 1922–2001, Russian physicist: shared the Nobel prize for physics (1964) for his pioneering work on the maser
6 letter words containing v, o
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- abvolt — the cgs unit of potential difference in the electromagnetic system; the potential difference between two points when work of 1 erg must be done to transfer 1 abcoulomb of charge from one point to the other: equivalent to 10–8 volt
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- alcove — An alcove is a small area of a room which is formed by one part of a wall being built further back than the rest of the wall.
- alvaro — Corrado [kawr-rah-daw] /kɔrˈrɑ dɔ/ (Show IPA), c1890–1956, Italian journalist and novelist.
7 letter words containing v, o
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- advisor — one who gives advice.
- allover — over the whole surface
- alveola — a small cavity, cell, or pit on the surface of an organ.
- alveoli — a little cavity, pit, or cell, as a cell of a honeycomb.
8 letter words containing v, o
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- advocaat — a liqueur having a raw egg base
9 letter words containing v, o
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- activator — a thing or person that activates
- acyclovir — an antiviral drug used to treat herpes. Formula: C8H11N5O3
- advection — the transference of heat energy in a horizontal stream of gas, esp of air
- advocated — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
10 letter words containing v, o
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- activation — to make active; cause to function or act.
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
11 letter words containing v, o
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
12 letter words containing v, o
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- activization — to make active; activate.
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
13 letter words containing v, o
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
14 letter words containing v, o
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
15 letter words containing v, o
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anti-revolution — an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
16 letter words containing v, o
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- bioenvironmental — pertaining to the environment of living organisms: Bioenvironmental engineers seek to reduce air and water pollution.
17 letter words containing v, o
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing v, o
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
19 letter words containing v, o
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
20 letter words containing v, o
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
21 letter words containing v, o
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
23 letter words containing v, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
26 letter words containing v, o
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with V, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15290 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains V, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.