Words containing v, j
2 letter words containing v, j
3 letter words containing v, j
4 letter words containing v, j
- cjkv — (character) CJK plus Vietnamese. Vietnamese, like the other three CJK languages, requires 16-bit character encodings but it does not use Han characters.
- djvu — (application, compression, file format, graphics, web) (pronounced like "deja vu") An image compression algorithm and program developed by Yann LeCun's research group at AT&T Labs. DjVu provides high resolution digital images for distribution over the Internet. DjVu is five to 20 times more efficient than JPEG or GIF. A free web browser plug-in allows users to display DjVu images.
- java — the main island of Indonesia. 51,032 sq. mi. (132,173 sq. km).
- jiva — Hinduism. the individual soul, regarded as a particular manifestation of Atman.
- jive — swing music or early jazz.
5 letter words containing v, j
- ajiva — (in Jainism) a thing without life or a soul
- ajvar — Relish made principally out of red bell peppers, with eggplant, garlic and chili pepper, predominantly popular in the Western Balkans.
- dvija — a person who is twice-born: a distinction made between the first three classes of society and the lowest class, the Shudra. Only the dvijas may study the Vedas.
- jahve — a name of God, transliterated by scholars from the Tetragrammaton and commonly rendered Jehovah.
- jarvy — Alternative form of jarvey.
6 letter words containing v, j
- evejar — the nightjar (Caprimulgus europaeus)
- jahveh — Yahweh.
- jarvey — a hackney coachman.
- javari — a river in E South America, flowing NE from Peru to the upper Amazon, forming part of the boundary between Peru and Brazil. 650 miles (1045 km) long.
- javits — Jacob K(oppel) [koh-pel] /koʊˈpɛl/ (Show IPA), 1904–86, U.S. politician: senator 1957–81.
7 letter words containing v, j
- ajivika — a member of a former Indian sect originating in the 5th century b.c. as a heretical offshoot of Jainism: a disciple of Gosala.
- apojove — (astronomy) the spot that is the farthest away from the planet Jupiter in the orbit of each of its own satellites; apoapsis around Jupiter.
- hotjava — (web) A modular, extensible web browser from Sun Microsystems that can execute programs written in the Java programming language. These programs, known as "applets", can be included (like images) in HTML pages. Because Java programs are compiled into machine independent bytecodes, applets can run on any platform on which HotJava runs - currently (December 1995) SPARC/Solaris 2 and Intel 80x86/Windows 95, Windows NT.
- j-curve — a curve which, in some economic theories, indicates that a decline in the value of a nation's currency initially causes an increase, and then a decrease, in that nation's balance-of-trade deficit
- jahvism — Yahwism.
8 letter words containing v, j
- adjuvant — aiding or assisting
- cunjevoi — an aroid plant, Alocasia macrorrhiza, of tropical Asia and Australia, cultivated for its edible rhizome
- djokovic — Novak. born 1987, Serbian tennis player: winner of twelve Grand Slam singles titles, including six at the Australian Open
- ejective — Denoting a type of consonant in some languages, e.g., Hausa, produced by sudden release of pressure from the glottis.
- j'ouvert — the eve of Mardi gras; the Monday morning on which the festivities begin
9 letter words containing v, j
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- adjective — An adjective is a word such as 'big', 'dead', or 'financial' that describes a person or thing, or gives extra information about them. Adjectives usually come before nouns or after link verbs.
- adjustive — allowing for adjustment
- adjuvants — Plural form of adjuvant.
- bijective — (of a function, relation, etc) associating two sets in such a way that every member of each set is uniquely paired with a member of the other
10 letter words containing v, j
- adjectival — Adjectival means relating to adjectives or like an adjective.
- adjectives — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
- adjunctive — that constitutes an adjunct
- adjuvanted — (medicine) Modified by addition of an adjuvant.
- coadjuvant — Cooperating.
11 letter words containing v, j
- adjectively — Grammar. any member of a class of words that modify nouns and pronouns, primarily by describing a particular quality of the word they are modifying, as wise in a wise grandmother, or perfect in a perfect score, or handsome in He is extremely handsome. Other terms, as numbers (one cup; twelve months), certain demonstrative pronouns (this magazine; those questions), and terms that impose limits (each person; no mercy) can also function adjectivally, as can some nouns that are found chiefly in fixed phrases where they immediately precede the noun they modify, as bottle in bottle cap and bus in bus station. Synonyms: modifier, qualifier, identifier, describer, describing word.
- adjectivize — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- coadjuvancy — (rare) cooperation, mutual effort, joint-help.
- conjugative — Grammar. to inflect (a verb). to recite or display all or some subsets of the inflected forms of (a verb), in a fixed order: One conjugates the present tense of the verb “be” as “I am, you are, he is, we are, you are, they are.”.
- conjunctiva — the delicate mucous membrane that covers the eyeball and the undersurface of the eyelid
12 letter words containing v, j
- adjectivally — as an adjective
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- adjunctivity — The state or quality of being adjunctive, or of forming or constituting an adjunct.
- conjunctivae — the mucous membrane that lines the exposed portion of the eyeball and inner surface of the eyelids.
13 letter words containing v, j
14 letter words containing v, j
- adjunctiveness — The state or quality of being adjunctive.
- conjunctivitis — Conjunctivitis is an eye infection which causes the thin skin that covers the eye to become red.
- flower-of-jove — a white, woolly plant, Lychnis flos-jovis, of the pink family, having red or purple flowers in dense clusters.
- jeffersonville — a city in S Indiana, on the Ohio River.
- juvenilization — The act or process of juvenilizing.
15 letter words containing v, j
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- conjunctiveness — the quality of being conjunctive
- intersubjective — comprehensible to, relating to, or used by a number of persons, as a concept or language.
- nonadjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- quasi-objective — something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target: the objective of a military attack; the objective of a fund-raising drive.
17 letter words containing v, j
20 letter words containing v, j
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
On this page, we collect all words with V, J. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 547 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains V, J that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.