Words containing u, r, i
4 letter words containing u, r, i
- buri — the first of the gods, revealed when the cow Audhumla licked away the salty ice that covered him.
5 letter words containing u, r, i
- arius — ?250–336 ad, Greek Christian theologian, originator of the doctrine of Arianism
- aurei — a gold coin and monetary unit of ancient Rome, from Caesar to Constantine I.
- auric — of or containing gold in the trivalent state
- bruin — a name for a bear, used in children's tales, fables, etc
- bruit — to report; rumour
6 letter words containing u, r, i
- abitur — the final school examination in Germany
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
- agrius — one of the Gigantes.
- airbus — An Airbus is an aeroplane which is designed to carry a large number of passengers for fairly short distances.
- anuria — complete suppression of urine formation, often as the result of a kidney disorder
7 letter words containing u, r, i
- aboukir — a village of N Egypt, in the Nile River delta: Battle of the Nile near here (1798).
- abruzzi — a region of S central Italy, between the Apennines and the Adriatic. Capital: Aquila. Pop: 1 273 284 (2003 est). Area: 10 794 sq km (4210 sq miles)
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
- aneuria — neurasthenia.
- aneurin — thiamine
8 letter words containing u, r, i
- accruing — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- accurize — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- acicular — shaped like a needle.
- aciduria — the condition of having acid in the urine, particularly at abnormally high levels
- aciduric — (of bacteria) capable of growth in an acid environment.
9 letter words containing u, r, i
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
10 letter words containing u, r, i
11 letter words containing u, r, i
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
12 letter words containing u, r, i
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- adjudicatory — relating to adjudication
- adulteration — an adulterating or being adulterated
13 letter words containing u, r, i
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing u, r, i
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
15 letter words containing u, r, i
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
16 letter words containing u, r, i
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
17 letter words containing u, r, i
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
18 letter words containing u, r, i
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
19 letter words containing u, r, i
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
20 letter words containing u, r, i
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
22 letter words containing u, r, i
24 letter words containing u, r, i
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with U, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 26868 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains U, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.