Words containing u, r, e
4 letter words containing u, r, e
5 letter words containing u, r, e
- akure — a city in SW Nigeria, capital of Ondo state: agricultural trade centre. Pop: 434 000 (2005 est)
- alure — a flat passage often found behind parapets of churches or battlements
- apure — a river in W Venezuela, rising in the Andes and flowing east to the Orinoco. Length: about 676 km (420 miles)
- argue — If one person argues with another, they speak angrily to each other about something that they disagree about. You can also say that two people argue.
- aruhe — the edible root of a fern
6 letter words containing u, r, e
- abjure — If you abjure something such as a belief or way of life, you state publicly that you will give it up or that you reject it.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- accrue — If money or interest accrues or if you accrue it, it gradually increases in amount over a period of time.
- adjure — to command, often by exacting an oath; charge
- aerugo — verdigris.
7 letter words containing u, r, e
- abutter — the owner of adjoining property
- accrued — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- accuser — An accuser is a person who says that another person has done something wrong, especially that he or she has committed a crime.
- acerous — having no antennae.
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
8 letter words containing u, r, e
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- abu-bekr — 573–634 ad, companion and father-in-law of Mohammed; the first caliph of Islam
- abumeron — Avenzoar.
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
9 letter words containing u, r, e
10 letter words containing u, r, e
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- acarpelous — without carpels
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
11 letter words containing u, r, e
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accentuator — Electronics. a circuit or network inserted to provide less loss or greater gain to certain frequencies in an audio spectrum, as a preemphasis spectrum.
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
12 letter words containing u, r, e
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
13 letter words containing u, r, e
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing u, r, e
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing u, r, e
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing u, r, e
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
17 letter words containing u, r, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
18 letter words containing u, r, e
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing u, r, e
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing u, r, e
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
22 letter words containing u, r, e
23 letter words containing u, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing u, r, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with U, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 36418 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains U, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.