Words containing u, n, f, r
5 letter words containing u, n, f, r
6 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- arnulf — a.d. 850?–899, emperor of the Holy Roman Empire 887–899: crowned 896.
- frenum — a fold of membrane that checks or restrains the motion of a part, as the fold on the underside of the tongue.
- frunze — a former name (1926–91) of Bishkek.
- funker — cowering fear; state of great fright or terror.
- funner — something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
7 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- fenuron — a white crystalline compound, C 9 H 12 N 2 O, used as an herbicide.
- flaneur — idler; dawdler; loafer.
- fleuron — a floral motif, as one used as a terminal point or in a decorative series on an object.
- forerun — to run in front of; come before; precede.
- fortuna — the ancient Roman goddess of fortune, identified with the Greek goddess Tyche.
8 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
- cuniform — Alternative spelling of cuneiform.
- dandruff — Dandruff is small white pieces of dead skin in someone's hair, or fallen from someone's hair.
- f-number — a number corresponding to the ratio of the focal length to the diameter of a lens system, especially a camera lens. In f /1.4, 1.4 is the f-number and signifies that the focal length of the lens is 1.4 times as great as the diameter. /, f/, f, f: Abbreviation: f.
- faulkner — William, 1897–1962, U.S. novelist and short-story writer. Nobel Prize 1949.
9 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- after-run — the continued running of an internal-combustion engine after the ignition is switched off: Heavy carbon buildup can cause annoying engine after-run.
- antifraud — acting against fraud
- auranofin — a gold-containing compound, C 20 H 34 AuO 9 PS, used orally in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- cofounder — a joint founder
- configure — If you configure a piece of computer equipment, you set it up so that it is ready for use.
10 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- afro-cuban — of or relating to a type of jazz influenced by Cuban variants of African rhythms
- artfulness — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
- aufklarung — the Enlightenment, esp in Germany
- ausforming — a treatment to strengthen hard steels, prior to quenching, in which the specimen is plastically deformed while it is in the austenite temperature range
- benzofuran — a colourless insoluble aromatic liquid obtained from coal tar and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins. Formula: C8H6O
11 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- anfractuous — characterized by twists and turns; convoluted
- bellfounder — a foundry worker who casts bells
- bifurcation — the act or fact of bifurcating
- bunchflower — a tall plant (Melanthium virginicum) of the lily family, growing in the E U.S. and having large clusters of white or greenish flowers
12 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- amentiferous — bearing aments
- anguilliform — having the shape or form of an eel
- astroturfing — a PR tactic used in politics and advertising in which actors are paid to display overt and apparently spontaneous grassroots support for a particular product, policy, or event
13 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- anfractuosity — the condition or quality of being anfractuous
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antisudorific — an antiperspirant.
- argentiferous — containing or bearing silver
14 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
- butterfingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
15 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
- configurational — the relative disposition or arrangement of the parts or elements of a thing.
16 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- counterfactually — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
- counteroffensive — a series of attacks by a defending force against an attacking enemy
17 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- fire-extinguisher — a portable container, usually filled with special chemicals for putting out a fire.
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
18 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- counterreformation — a reform movement to oppose a previous one
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
19 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
- mother-of-thousands — strawberry geranium.
20 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing u, n, f, r
22 letter words containing u, n, f, r
23 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
27 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- little-lord-fauntleroy-suit — (italics) a children's novel (1886) by Frances H. Burnett.
32 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing u, n, f, r
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with U, N, F, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4536 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains U, N, F, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.