Words containing u, l
4 letter words containing u, l
5 letter words containing u, l
- adult — An adult is a mature, fully developed person. An adult has reached the age when they are legally responsible for their actions.
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
- ahull — with sails furled
- album — An album is a record with about 25 minutes of music on each side. You can also refer to a collection of songs that is available on a record or CD as an album.
- aleus — a king of Tegea and the father of Amphidamas, Auge, Cepheus, and Lycurgus.
6 letter words containing u, l
- ablaut — vowel gradation, esp in Indo-European languages
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
- abulic — a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.
- actual — You use actual to emphasize that you are referring to something real or genuine.
7 letter words containing u, l
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
- abluted — washed thoroughly
- aboulia — abulia
- abubble — (of liquids) bubbling
- abuttal — abuttals. those parts of one piece of land that abut on adjacent lands; boundaries. Also, buttals. Law. the boundary lines of a piece of land in relation to adjacent lands.
8 letter words containing u, l
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- ablution — the ritual washing of a priest's hands or of sacred vessels
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
9 letter words containing u, l
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
10 letter words containing u, l
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
11 letter words containing u, l
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
12 letter words containing u, l
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
13 letter words containing u, l
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
14 letter words containing u, l
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing u, l
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing u, l
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
17 letter words containing u, l
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anti-intellectual — hostile to or opposed to intellectual persons or matters, ideas, activities, etc.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
18 letter words containing u, l
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing u, l
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words containing u, l
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
22 letter words containing u, l
23 letter words containing u, l
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with U, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 39899 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains U, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.