Words containing u, a, m
3 letter words containing u, a, m
4 letter words containing u, a, m
- alum — An alum is the same as an alumnus.
- amur — a river in NE Asia, rising in N Mongolia as the Argun and flowing southeast, then northeast to the Sea of Okhotsk: forms the boundary between Manchuria and Russia. Length: about 4350 km (2700 miles)
- arum — any plant of the aroid genus Arum, of Europe and the Mediterranean region, having arrow-shaped leaves and a typically white spathe
- atum — a primeval god who by himself begot Shu and Tefnut: the original god of the Ennead.
- axum — Aksum
5 letter words containing u, a, m
- adsum — I am present
- aksum — an ancient town in N Ethiopia, in the Tigre region: capital of the Aksumite Empire (1st to 6th centuries ad). According to tradition, the Ark of the Covenant was brought here from Jerusalem
- album — An album is a record with about 25 minutes of music on each side. You can also refer to a collection of songs that is available on a record or CD as an album.
- algum — a type of wood, mentioned in the Bible
- almug — a type of tree or wood mentioned in the Bible, thought to be a variety of sandalwood
6 letter words containing u, a, m
- acetum — a solution that has dilute acetic acid as solvent
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
- acumen — keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a situation; shrewdness
- adytum — the most sacred place of worship in an ancient temple from which the laity was prohibited
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
7 letter words containing u, a, m
- acouasm — a nonverbal auditory hallucination, as a ringing or hissing.
- acousma — acouasm.
- acumens — keen insight; shrewdness: remarkable acumen in business matters.
- adamkus — Valdas. born 1926, Lithuanian politician, president of Lithuania (1998–2003, 2004–2009))
- admetus — a king of Thessaly, one of the Argonauts, who was married to Alcestis
8 letter words containing u, a, m
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- abumeron — Avenzoar.
- abutment — the state or process of abutting
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
9 letter words containing u, a, m
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- accumbent — (of plant parts and plants) lying against some other part or thing
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- acuminate — narrowing to a sharp point, as some types of leaf
10 letter words containing u, a, m
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- accruement — the action of accruing
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
11 letter words containing u, a, m
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
12 letter words containing u, a, m
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
13 letter words containing u, a, m
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing u, a, m
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
15 letter words containing u, a, m
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- antepenultimate — third from last
16 letter words containing u, a, m
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- authoritarianism — Authoritarianism is the state of being authoritarian or the belief that people with power, especially the State, have the right to control other people's actions.
17 letter words containing u, a, m
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
18 letter words containing u, a, m
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- chukchi-kamchatkan — Chukotian.
19 letter words containing u, a, m
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
20 letter words containing u, a, m
22 letter words containing u, a, m
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing u, a, m
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with U, A, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14857 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains U, A, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.