Words containing t, h, e, o, d
5 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- doeth — 3rd person singular present ind. of do1 .
6 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- dehort — to dissuade (someone) from a course of action
- hooted — to cry out or shout, especially in disapproval or derision.
- hosted — a person who receives or entertains guests at home or elsewhere: the host at a theater party.
- hotbed — a bottomless, boxlike, usually glass-covered structure and the bed of earth it covers, heated typically by fermenting manure or electrical cables, for growing plants out of season.
- hotted — having or giving off heat; having a high temperature: a hot fire; hot coffee.
7 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- botched — bungled or mishandled
- cathode — A cathode is the negative electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare anode.
- clothed — If you are clothed in a certain way, you are dressed in that way.
- dozenth — twelfth.
- heptode — a vacuum tube containing seven electrodes, usually a plate, a cathode, a control electrode, and four grids.
8 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- atheldom — (rare) The state or condition of being athel or noble; nobility.
- athetoid — (symptom) characterised by athetosis.
- authored — a person who writes a novel, poem, essay, etc.; the composer of a literary work, as distinguished from a compiler, translator, editor, or copyist.
- bedworth — a town in central England, in N Warwickshire. Pop: 30 001 (2001)
- blotched — Something that is blotched has blotches on it.
9 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- affordeth — Archaic third-person singular form of afford.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- aphrodite — the goddess of love and beauty, daughter of Zeus
- atrophied — exhibiting or affected with atrophy; wasted; withered; shriveled: an atrophied arm; an atrophied talent.
- betrothed — If you are betrothed to someone, you have agreed to marry them.
10 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- arthrodire — any of numerous fishes of the extinct order Arthrodira, widely distributed during the Devonian Period, having the anterior part of the body covered by a shield of bony plates.
- astonished — If you are astonished by something, you are very surprised about it.
- authorised — Alternative spelling of authorized.
11 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- achondrites — Plural form of achondrite.
- agathodemon — Alternative spelling of agathodaemon.
- antherozoid — one of many small male gametes produced in an antheridium
- anticathode — the target electrode for the stream of electrons in a vacuum tube, esp an X-ray tube
- arthrodesis — the fusion of bones in a joint through surgery which causes immobility of the joint
12 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- agathodaemon — A benevolent spirit as opposed to a cacodemon (an evil daemon).
- antherozooid — Alternative form of antherozoid.
- anthologised — Simple past tense and past participle of anthologise.
13 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- admonishments — Plural form of admonishment.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
14 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- azidothymidine — an antiretroviral drug used to treat HIV/AIDS
- beta-endorphin — a potent endorphin released by the anterior pituitary gland in response to pain, trauma, exercise, or other forms of stress.
- broken-hearted — Someone who is broken-hearted is very sad and upset because they have had a serious disappointment.
15 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- cephalochordate — any chordate animal of the subphylum Cephalochordata, having a fishlike body and no vertebral column; lancelet
- choledochostomy — formation of a temporary opening through the abdominal wall into the common bile duct, usually to remove stones.
- chondroskeleton — the cartilaginous part of the skeleton of vertebrates
16 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- camborne-redruth — a former (until 1974) urban district in SW England, in Cornwall: formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of the neighbouring towns of Camborne and Redruth. Pop: 39 936 (2001)
17 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- aerothermodynamic — Of or pertaining to aerothermodynamics.
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- adenosylmethionine — (biochemistry) An adenosyl derivative of methionine that is a common co-substrate involved in transmethylation.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- diethylstilbestrol — a nonsteroidal synthetic estrogen, C 18 H 20 O 2 , used in medicine chiefly in the treatment of menopausal symptoms and in animal feeds for chemical caponization: formerly used during pregnancy for the prevention of miscarriage but discontinued owing to its association with an increased risk of vaginal and cervical cancers in women having had fetal exposure. Abbreviation: DES.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- diethylaminoethanol — a colorless, hygroscopic, water-soluble liquid, C 6 H 15 NO, used for the synthesis of local anesthetics, in antirust compounds, and in photographic emulsions.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
20 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- adrenocorticotrophin — (hormone) adrenocorticotropic hormone.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
21 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- hypothetico-deductive — pertaining to or governed by the supposed method of scientific progress whereby a general hypothesis is tested by deducing predictions that may be experimentally tested. When such a prediction is falsified the theory is rejected and a new hypothesis is required
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
- ring-around-the-rosey — a children's game in which the players sing while going around in a circle and squat when the lyrics “all fall down” are sung.
22 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
23 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
25 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- transcendental-philosophy — transcendental character, thought, or language.
26 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- statistical-thermodynamics — the science that deals with average properties of the molecules, atoms, or elementary particles in random motion in a system of many such particles and relates these properties to the thermodynamic and other macroscopic properties of the system.
- straight-from-the-shoulder — direct, honest, and forceful in expression; outspoken.
27 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
31 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
32 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing t, h, e, o, d
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with T, H, E, O, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5419 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains T, H, E, O, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.