Words containing t, a
3 letter words containing t, a
4 letter words containing t, a
- abet — If one person abets another, they help or encourage them to do something criminal or wrong. Abet is often used in the legal expression 'aid and abet'.
- abit — a small piece or quantity of anything: a bit of string.
- abta — Association of British Travel Agents
- abut — When land or a building abuts something or abuts on something, it is next to it.
- acta — an official record of public events
5 letter words containing t, a
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- aalto — Alvar (ˈalvar). 1898–1976, Finnish architect and furniture designer, noted particularly for his public and industrial buildings, in which wood is much used. He invented bent plywood furniture (1932)
- aarti — a Hindu ceremony in which lights with wicks soaked in ghee are lit and offered up to one or more deities
- abaft — closer to the stern than to another place on a vessel
- abate — If something bad or undesirable abates, it becomes much less strong or severe.
6 letter words containing t, a
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- aarnet — Australian Academic Research Network
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abates — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abatis — a rampart of felled trees bound together placed with their branches outwards
7 letter words containing t, a
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abetted — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
8 letter words containing t, a
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abatable — able to be abated
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
9 letter words containing t, a
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abat-jour — a device, as a skylight or reflector, for diverting light into a building.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
10 letter words containing t, a
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
11 letter words containing t, a
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
12 letter words containing t, a
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
13 letter words containing t, a
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
14 letter words containing t, a
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
15 letter words containing t, a
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
16 letter words containing t, a
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing t, a
18 letter words containing t, a
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
19 letter words containing t, a
20 letter words containing t, a
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
On this page, we collect all words with T, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 102586 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains T, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.