Words containing s, t, o, r, e
6 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
7 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- anteros — Mount, a peak in central Colorado, in the Sawatch Mountains. 14,269 feet (4349 meters).
- barotse — a member of a Negroid people of central Africa living chiefly in SW Zambia
- bestrow — bestrew.
- boaster — a chisel for boasting stone.
- bolster — If you bolster something such as someone's confidence or courage, you increase it.
8 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
9 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- adsorbate — a substance that has been or is to be adsorbed on a surface
- adsorbent — capable of adsorption
10 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- adroitness — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
- adsorptive — relating to or characterized by adsorption
- adulterous — An adulterous relationship is a sexual relationship between a married person and someone they are not married to. An adulterous person is someone who commits adultery.
- aerobatics — Aerobatics are skilful displays of flying, usually to entertain people watching from the ground.
11 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
- aero-optics — the study of the effect of aircraft-induced and atmospheric disturbances on the efficiency of laser weapons
- aeroelastic — capable of changing shape under aerodynamic forces
- aeronautics — Aeronautics is the science of designing and building aeroplanes.
12 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- aerodonetics — the study of soaring or gliding flight, esp the study of gliders
- aeroelastics — the study of aeroelastic phenomena.
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
13 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
15 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
16 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
17 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
18 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
19 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- conscience-stricken — feeling anxious or guilty
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
20 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
22 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words containing s, t, o, r, e
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with S, T, O, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 21134 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, T, O, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.