Words containing s, t, o, r
5 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- astor — John Jacob, 1st Baron Astor of Hever. 1886–1971, British proprietor of The Times (1922–66)
6 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
- aristo — an aristocrat
- artois — a former province of N France
- assort — to arrange or distribute into groups of the same type; classify
- astro- — Astro- is used to form words which refer to things relating to the stars or to outer space.
7 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- alastor — an avenging spirit or demon
- amorist — a lover or a writer about love
- anteros — Mount, a peak in central Colorado, in the Sawatch Mountains. 14,269 feet (4349 meters).
- ariosto — Ludovico (ludoˈviːko). 1474–1533, Italian poet, famous for his romantic epic Orlando Furioso (1516)
8 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- acrostic — a number of lines of writing, such as a poem, certain letters of which form a word, proverb, etc. A single acrostic is formed by the initial letters of the lines, a double acrostic by the initial and final letters, and a triple acrostic by the initial, middle, and final letters
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- adjustor — a person or thing that adjusts.
- adrastos — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes.
9 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- adsorbate — a substance that has been or is to be adsorbed on a surface
- adsorbent — capable of adsorption
10 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- absolutory — giving absolution.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- accusatory — An accusatory look, remark, or tone of voice suggests blame or criticism.
11 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
12 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
13 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
14 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
16 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
17 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
21 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words containing s, t, o, r
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with S, T, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 27349 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, T, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.