Words containing s, t, o
5 letter words containing s, t, o
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- alost — a town in central Belgium, in East Flanders province. Pop: 76 852 (2004 est)
- aosta — a town in NW Italy, capital of Valle d'Aosta region: Roman remains. Pop: 34 062 (2001)
- ascot — a cravat with wide square ends, usually secured with an ornamental stud
- aston — Francis William. 1877–1945, English physicist and chemist, who developed the first mass spectrograph, using it to investigate the isotopic structures of elements: Nobel prize for chemistry 1922
6 letter words containing s, t, o
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
- almost — You use almost to indicate that something is not completely the case but is nearly the case.
- alston — a male given name.
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
7 letter words containing s, t, o
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- actions — an independent agency created in 1971 to administer domestic volunteer programs.
- aetolus — son of Endymion and founder of Aetolia.
8 letter words containing s, t, o
- absolute — Absolute means total and complete.
- absonant — inharmonious
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
- acoustic — An acoustic guitar or other instrument is one whose sound is produced without any electrical equipment.
9 letter words containing s, t, o
10 letter words containing s, t, o
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
11 letter words containing s, t, o
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
12 letter words containing s, t, o
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
13 letter words containing s, t, o
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
14 letter words containing s, t, o
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
15 letter words containing s, t, o
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing s, t, o
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing s, t, o
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
18 letter words containing s, t, o
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing s, t, o
20 letter words containing s, t, o
21 letter words containing s, t, o
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing s, t, o
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing s, t, o
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing s, t, o
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with S, T, O. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 45391 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, T, O that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.