Words containing s, t, e, m
6 letter words containing s, t, e, m
7 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- admetus — a king of Thessaly, one of the Argonauts, who was married to Alcestis
- amherst — Jeffrey, 1st Baron Amherst. 1717–97, British general who defeated the French in Canada (1758–60): governor general of British North America (1761–63)
- amities — a female given name.
- amnesty — An amnesty is an official pardon granted to a group of prisoners by the state.
- amosite — a fibrous mineral used in the manufacture of heat and acid-proof asbestos
8 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- aliments — that which nourishes; nutriment; food.
- almagest — a work on astronomy compiled by Ptolemy in the 2nd century ad containing a description of the geocentric system of the universe and a star catalogue
- amethyst — Amethysts are clear purple stones, sometimes used to make jewellery.
- amnestic — causing amnesia
9 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- admittees — a person who has been or is going to be admitted: Every admittee must present a ticket at the door.
- aftermost — closer or closest to the rear or (in a vessel) the stern; last
- agistment — the act of agisting
10 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
- adjustment — An adjustment is a small change that is made to something such as a machine or a way of doing something.
- administer — If someone administers something such as a country, the law, or a test, they take responsibility for organizing and supervising it.
- advisement — consultation; deliberation
11 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
12 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- acoustimeter — a portable electronic device for measuring noise levels, especially those of traffic.
- adder's-meat — the greater stitchwort
- administrate — to manage or direct (the affairs of a business, institution, etc)
13 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
18 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
19 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
24 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing s, t, e, m
26 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing s, t, e, m
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with S, T, E, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16830 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, T, E, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.