Words containing s, p, h, e, r
6 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- herpes — any of several diseases caused by herpesvirus, characterized by eruption of blisters on the skin or mucous membranes. Compare chickenpox, genital herpes, oral herpes, shingles.
- hesper — Hesperus.
- hopers — the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
- perish — to die or be destroyed through violence, privation, etc.: to perish in an earthquake.
- phrase — Grammar. a sequence of two or more words arranged in a grammatical construction and acting as a unit in a sentence. (in English) a sequence of two or more words that does not contain a finite verb and its subject or that does not consist of clause elements such as subject, verb, object, or complement, as a preposition and a noun or pronoun, an adjective and noun, or an adverb and verb.
7 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- arapesh — a member of a Papuan people of Papua New Guinea.
- harpies — Classical Mythology. a ravenous, filthy monster having a woman's head and a bird's body.
- hespere — one of the Hesperides.
- hipster — hipsters, Chiefly British. hiphuggers (def 2).
- orpheus — Greek Legend. a poet and musician, a son of Calliope, who followed his dead wife, Eurydice, to the underworld. By charming Hades, he obtained permission to lead her away, provided he did not look back at her until they returned to earth. But at the last moment he looked, and she was lost to him forever.
8 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
9 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- apheresis — the omission of a letter or syllable at the beginning of a word
- atrophies — Also, atrophia [uh-troh-fee-uh] /əˈtroʊ fi ə/ (Show IPA). Pathology. a wasting away of the body or of an organ or part, as from defective nutrition or nerve damage.
- biosphere — The biosphere is the part of the earth's surface and atmosphere where there are living things.
- cristophe — Henri [ahn-ree] /ɑ̃ˈri/ (Show IPA), ("Henri I"I) 1767–1820, Haitian revolutionary general, born in Grenada: king 1811–20.
- cybershop — Purchase or shop for goods and services on a website.
10 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- amphiaster — the structure that occurs in a cell undergoing mitosis, consisting of a spindle with an aster at each end
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
- aphaeresis — apheresis.
- apostrophe — An apostrophe is the mark ' when it is written to indicate that one or more letters have been left out of a word, as in 'isn't' and 'we'll'. It is also added to nouns to form possessives, as in 'Mike's car'.
11 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
- anglosphere — a group of English-speaking countries that share common roots in British culture and history, usually the UK, the US, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada
- antistrophe — the second of two movements made by a chorus during the performance of a choral ode
- arthroscope — a tubular instrument that is inserted into the capsule of a joint to examine the joint, extract tissue, etc
12 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
- anti-strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode answering a previous strophe, sung by the chorus when returning from left to right.
- apostrophise — to address by apostrophe.
13 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- amorphousness — lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
14 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- anthroposphere — noosphere.
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
15 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
16 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
17 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
- comprehensiveness — of large scope; covering or involving much; inclusive: a comprehensive study of world affairs.
18 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- glomerulonephritis — a kidney disease affecting the capillaries of the glomeruli, characterized by albuminuria, edema, and hypertension.
- houghton-le-spring — a town in N England, in Sunderland unitary authority, Tyne and Wear: coal-mining. Pop: 36 746 (2001)
19 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- hyper-nationalistic — a person devoted to nationalism.
20 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
- phillips-screwdriver — a screw head having two partial slots crossed at right angles, driven by a special screwdriver (Phillips screwdriver)
- philoprogenitiveness — producing offspring, especially abundantly; prolific.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
22 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
23 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, p, h, e, r
On this page, we collect all words with S, P, H, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5238 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, P, H, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.