Words containing s, p, e
4 letter words containing s, p, e
- apse — a domed or vaulted semicircular or polygonal recess, esp at the east end of a church
5 letter words containing s, p, e
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- apres — after
- aspen — An aspen is a tall tree with leaves that move a lot in the wind.
- asper — a former Turkish monetary unit, a silver coin, worth 1⁄120 of a piastre
- copse — A copse is a small group of trees growing very close to each other.
6 letter words containing s, p, e
7 letter words containing s, p, e
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- aesopic — of, relating to, or characteristic of Aesop or his fables: a story that points an Aesopian moral.
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
8 letter words containing s, p, e
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- aegyptus — a king of Egypt and twin brother of Danaüs
- aesopian — of Aesop or characteristic of his fables
- airspace — A country's airspace is the part of the sky that is over that country and is considered to belong to it.
9 letter words containing s, p, e
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
- aeropause — the region of the upper atmosphere above which aircraft cannot fly
10 letter words containing s, p, e
11 letter words containing s, p, e
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
12 letter words containing s, p, e
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
13 letter words containing s, p, e
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
14 letter words containing s, p, e
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
15 letter words containing s, p, e
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
16 letter words containing s, p, e
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words containing s, p, e
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing s, p, e
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
19 letter words containing s, p, e
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
20 letter words containing s, p, e
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing s, p, e
22 letter words containing s, p, e
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing s, p, e
26 letter words containing s, p, e
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with S, P, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 27904 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, P, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.