Words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
6 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
7 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- choused — Simple past tense and past participle of chouse.
- chouser — a person who deceives, defrauds, or tricks
- cohunes — a pinnate-leaved palm, Orbignya cohune, native to Central America, bearing large nuts whose meat yields an oil resembling that of the coconut.
- couches — Plural form of couch.
- douches — Plural form of douche.
8 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- avouches — to make frank acknowledgment or affirmation of; declare or assert with positiveness.
- cathouse — a house of prostitution
- choiseul — an island in the SW Pacific Ocean, in the Solomon Islands: hilly and densely forested. Area: 3885 sq km (1500 sq miles)
- choregus — the producer or financier of a dramatist's works in Ancient Greece
9 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- -phyceous — of or belonging to a (specified) class of algae
- backhouse — an outdoor privy; outhouse
- barouches — Plural form of barouche.
- cathouses — Plural form of cathouse.
- ceanothus — any shrub of the North American rhamnaceous genus Ceanothus: grown for their ornamental, often blue, flower clusters
10 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- -cephalous — having a (specified) kind of head or number of heads; -cephalic
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- archemorus — Opheltes.
- blockhouse — (formerly) a wooden fortification with ports or loopholes for defensive fire, observation, etc
- brockhouse — Bertram Neville, 1918–2003, Canadian physicist: Nobel Prize 1994.
11 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- accoucheurs — Plural form of accoucheur.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- amphicelous — concave on both sides, as the bodies of the vertebrae of fishes.
- bicephalous — having two heads
- bletcherous — /blech'*-r*s/ Disgusting in design or function; aesthetically unappealing. This word is seldom used of people. "This keyboard is bletcherous!" (Perhaps the keys don't work very well, or are misplaced.) The term bletcherous applies to the esthetics of the thing so described; similarly for cretinous. By contrast, something that is "losing" or "bagbiting" may be failing to meet objective criteria.
12 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- amphicoelous — (of the vertebrae of most fishes and some amphibians) concave at the anterior and posterior ends
- amuse-bouche — an appetizer before a meal
- anemochorous — (of a fruit, seed, or spore) adapted for dispersion by wind.
13 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- accouchements — Plural form of accouchement.
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
- archeptolemus — (in the Iliad) the son of Iphitus who served as a charioteer for Hector.
- autocephalous — (of an Eastern Christian Church) governed by its own national synods and appointing its own patriarchs or prelates
- automechanism — an automatic mechanical system or component, especially a device that operates automatically under predetermined conditions.
14 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- aerenchymatous — having or consisting of aerenchyma
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- androcephalous — having a human head
- chivalrousness — The state of being chivalrous.
- chronosequence — (geology) A sequence of different soils formed at different times.
15 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- alpha-cellulose — a refined, insoluble form of cellulose derived from cotton or wood pulp, and used in manufacturing
- authentications — Plural form of authentication.
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
- bacteriophagous — Pertaining to the predation and consumption of bacterium.
16 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
- branchiopneustic — breathing by means of gills, as certain aquatic insect larvae.
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
17 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
18 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- châlons-sur-marne — city in NE France, on the Marne River: scene of defeat ( a.d. 451) of Attila by the Romans: pop. 50,000
19 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- contradistinguished — Simple past tense and past participle of contradistinguish.
- contradistinguishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of contradistinguish.
- electrotherapeutics — (medicine) the use of electricity in therapeutics.
- immunocytochemistry — the detection of chemical components of cells by means of antibodies coupled to substances that can be made visible.
20 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
- neurophysiologically — In terms of, or with regard to, neurophysiology.
- neuropsychiatrically — In terms of neuropsychiatry.
- neuropsychologically — In terms of or by means of neuropsychology.
21 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- comfortably-furnished — containing comfortable furniture
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunohistochemically — By means of or in regard to immunohistochemistry.
- mucopolysaccharidoses — Plural form of mucopolysaccharidosis.
22 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
23 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
24 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
26 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
28 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- apple-touch-icon-precomposed — (programming) An alternative form of apple-touch-icon that is not subject to automatic modification (rounding, drop-shadow, reflective shine) as applied by iOS versions prior to iOS 7. A web page specifies a pre-composed icon by including an element in the like:
34 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
35 letter words containing s, o, u, c, h, e
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with S, O, U, C, H, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2116 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, O, U, C, H, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.