Words containing s, o, u
5 letter words containing s, o, u
- aulos — an ancient Greek woodwind instrument with a double reed, similar to an oboe
- ayous — the wood of the obeche.
- bogus — If you describe something as bogus, you mean that it is not genuine.
- bolus — a small round soft mass, esp of chewed food
- bonus — A bonus is an extra amount of money that is added to someone's pay, usually because they have worked very hard.
6 letter words containing s, o, u
- adours — a river in SW France, flowing N from the Pyrenees and then W to the Bay of Biscay. 210 miles (338 km) long.
- aeolus — the god of the winds
- almous — alms.
- aloeus — a son of Poseidon, husband of Iphimedia, and foster father of Otus and Ephialtes.
- arouse — If something arouses a particular reaction or attitude in people, it causes them to have that reaction or attitude.
7 letter words containing s, o, u
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- acerous — having no antennae.
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- acinous — consisting of acini.
- acouasm — a nonverbal auditory hallucination, as a ringing or hissing.
8 letter words containing s, o, u
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- absolute — Absolute means total and complete.
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- accustom — If you accustom yourself or another person to something, you make yourself or them become used to it.
9 letter words containing s, o, u
10 letter words containing s, o, u
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
11 letter words containing s, o, u
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accessorius — a muscle or nerve that has an augmenting action
- acclivitous — an upward slope, as of ground; an ascent (opposed to declivity).
12 letter words containing s, o, u
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing s, o, u
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
14 letter words containing s, o, u
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing s, o, u
16 letter words containing s, o, u
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
17 letter words containing s, o, u
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing s, o, u
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- bioinstrumentation — the use of instruments, as sensors, to detect and measure certain body functions, as of persons in spaceflight, and transmit the data to a point where it is evaluated
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
19 letter words containing s, o, u
21 letter words containing s, o, u
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing s, o, u
23 letter words containing s, o, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with S, O, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25142 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, O, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.