Words containing s, o, a, r, i
6 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- aorist — a tense of the verb in classical Greek and in certain other inflected languages, indicating past action without reference to whether the action involved was momentary or continuous
- ariose — characterized by melody
- arioso — a recitative with the lyrical quality of an aria
- aristo — an aristocrat
- arsino — having or comprising the radical AsH2
7 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- advisor — one who gives advice.
- airhose — a hose for conducting air under pressure, as one connected to an air pump, an air brake, or a scuba tank.
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- amorist — a lover or a writer about love
- argolis — a department and ancient region of Greece, in the NE Peloponnese. Capital: Nauplion. Pop: 102 392 (2001). Area: 2261 sq km (873 sq miles)
8 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- acrostic — a number of lines of writing, such as a poem, certain letters of which form a word, proverb, etc. A single acrostic is formed by the initial letters of the lines, a double acrostic by the initial and final letters, and a triple acrostic by the initial, middle, and final letters
- acrotism — an absence of pulse
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
9 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
- aforesaid — Aforesaid means the same as aforementioned.
10 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- acinarious — covered with globose vesicles resembling grape seeds, as certain algae.
11 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstriction — the separation and release of a mature spore from a sporophore by the formation of a septum. This process occurs in some fungi
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- accessories — Accessories belong to a product category in fashion stores, which includes items such as scarves, hats, gloves, belts, and purses.
12 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
13 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
14 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
15 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
18 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
20 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
21 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
23 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words containing s, o, a, r, i
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with S, O, A, R, I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16068 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, O, A, R, I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.