Words containing s, m
3 letter words containing s, m
- ams — Additional Member System: a voting system in which some candidates are elected for geographic constituencies and others are elected by proportional representation using party lists. The voter has two votes: one for a party and the other for a candidate in a constituency
- asm — air-to-surface missile
4 letter words containing s, m
- alms — Alms are gifts of money, clothes, or food to poor people.
- amas — a Japanese diver, usually a woman, who tends underwater oyster beds used in the cultivation of pearls.
- ames — a city in central Iowa.
- amis — Sir Kingsley. 1922–95, British novelist and poet, noted for his novels Lucky Jim (1954), Jake's Thing (1978), Stanley and the Women (1984), The Old Devils (1986), and The Folks that Live on the Hill (1990)
- amos — a Hebrew prophet of the 8th century bc
5 letter words containing s, m
- abysm — an abyss
- adams — a mountain in SW Washington, in the Cascade Range. Height: 3751 m (12 307 ft)
- adsum — I am present
- agism — Alternative spelling of ageism.
- aksum — an ancient town in N Ethiopia, in the Tigre region: capital of the Aksumite Empire (1st to 6th centuries ad). According to tradition, the Ark of the Covenant was brought here from Jerusalem
6 letter words containing s, m
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- acoasm — acouasm.
- adamas — Admah.
- addams — Jane. 1860–1935, US social reformer, feminist, and pacifist, who founded Hull House, a social settlement in Chicago: Nobel peace prize 1931
- admass — the part of society that is easily influenced by the mass media and advertising
7 letter words containing s, m
- ableism — discrimination against disabled or handicapped people
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- acmeism — a school of early 20th-century Russian poetry whose practitioners were strongly opposed to the vagueness of symbolism and strove for absolute clarity of expression through precise, concrete imagery.
- acouasm — a nonverbal auditory hallucination, as a ringing or hissing.
8 letter words containing s, m
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
9 letter words containing s, m
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
10 letter words containing s, m
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- absinthism — a diseased condition resulting from excessive drinking of absinthe
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
11 letter words containing s, m
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
12 letter words containing s, m
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
13 letter words containing s, m
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing s, m
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing s, m
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing s, m
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
17 letter words containing s, m
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
18 letter words containing s, m
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
19 letter words containing s, m
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing s, m
21 letter words containing s, m
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing s, m
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing s, m
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing s, m
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing s, m
28 letter words containing s, m
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing s, m
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with S, M. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 38827 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, M that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.