Words containing s, i, d
4 letter words containing s, i, d
- aids — AIDS is a disease which destroys the natural system of protection that the body has against other diseases. AIDS is an abbreviation for 'acquired immune deficiency syndrome'.
- bids — to command; order; direct: to bid them depart.
- dais — A dais is a raised platform in a hall.
- dcis — ductal carcinoma in situ
5 letter words containing s, i, d
6 letter words containing s, i, d
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abdias — Obadiah
- adieus — the act of leaving or departing; farewell.
- aditus — The entrance to a cavity or channel.
- adonis — a handsome youth loved by Aphrodite. Killed by a wild boar, he was believed to spend part of the year in the underworld and part on earth, symbolizing the vegetative cycle
7 letter words containing s, i, d
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abscind — to cut off
- addison — Joseph. 1672–1719, English essayist and poet who, with Richard Steele, founded The Spectator (1711–14) and contributed most of its essays, including the de Coverley Papers
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- adipsia — complete lack of thirst
8 letter words containing s, i, d
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- adenitis — inflammation of a gland or lymph node
- adenoids — Adenoids are soft lumps of flesh at the back and top of a person's throat that sometimes become swollen and have to be removed.
9 letter words containing s, i, d
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- absurdism — the belief that life is meaningless and that all attempts to understand the universe are doomed to fail
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- absurdity — the quality or state of being absurd; nonsense
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
10 letter words containing s, i, d
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- acidolysis — decomposition resulting from the interaction of a compound and an acid.
11 letter words containing s, i, d
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- adenoiditis — inflammation of the adenoid tissue.
12 letter words containing s, i, d
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accordionist — a person who plays the accordion, especially with skill.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
13 letter words containing s, i, d
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
14 letter words containing s, i, d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing s, i, d
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing s, i, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing s, i, d
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing s, i, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
19 letter words containing s, i, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing s, i, d
21 letter words containing s, i, d
22 letter words containing s, i, d
23 letter words containing s, i, d
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
25 letter words containing s, i, d
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing s, i, d
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with S, I, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25529 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, I, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.