Words containing s, h, o, r
5 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- frosh — a college or high-school freshman.
6 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- ahorse — on horseback
- ashore — Someone or something that comes ashore comes from the sea onto the shore.
- borsch — any of various eastern European soups made with beets, cabbage, potatoes, or other vegetables and served hot or chilled, often with sour cream.
- chiros — the ladyfish, Elops saurus.
7 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- airhose — a hose for conducting air under pressure, as one connected to an air pump, an air brake, or a scuba tank.
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
- anchors — the brakes of a motor vehicle
- ashford — a market town in SE England, in central Kent. Pop: 58 936 (2001)
- aurochs — a recently extinct member of the cattle tribe, Bos primigenius, that inhabited forests in N Africa, Europe, and SW Asia. It had long horns and is thought to be one of the ancestors of modern cattle
8 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- aphorism — An aphorism is a short witty sentence which expresses a general truth or comment.
- aphorist — a person who makes or uses aphorisms.
- arsehole — If one person calls another person an arsehole, they think that person is extremely stupid or has behaved in a stupid way.
- ashcroft — Dame Peggy. 1907–91, English stage and film actress
9 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
- amorphism — the state or quality of being amorphous.
- amorphous — Something that is amorphous has no clear shape or structure.
10 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- afterhours — occurring, engaged in, or operating after the normal or legal closing time for business: an after-hours drinking club.
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- alongshore — close to, by, or along a shore
11 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — morally neutral or indifferent
- after-hours — You use after-hours to describe activities which happen after the end of the usual time for them.
12 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
- allomorphism — variation in the crystalline form of a chemical compound
13 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aeromechanics — the mechanics of gases, esp air
14 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
15 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- anthropopathism — ascription of human passions or feelings to a being or beings not human, especially to a deity.
16 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
18 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
19 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
22 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, h, o, r
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
On this page, we collect all words with S, H, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13009 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, H, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.