Words containing s, g, r
4 letter words containing s, g, r
- frgs — Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
5 letter words containing s, g, r
- argos — an ancient city in SE Greece, in the NE Peloponnese: one of the oldest Greek cities, it dominated the Peloponnese in the 7th century bc. Pop (municipality): 29 505 (2001)
- argus — any of various brown butterflies, esp the Scotch argus (Erebia aethiops) found on moorland and in forests up to a height of 2000 m
- crags — the neck, throat, or craw.
- dregs — dregs, the sediment of liquids; lees; grounds.
- drugs — the cosmic principle of disorder and falsehood.
6 letter words containing s, g, r
7 letter words containing s, g, r
- agarose — a polysaccharide gelatinous substance usually extracted from agar, used mainly in agarose gel electrophoresis and in microbial cultures
- aggress — to attack first or begin a quarrel
- agister — a person who grazes cattle for money
- agreges — a degree awarded by a French university, based on a competitive examination given by the state and qualifying the recipient for the highest teaching positions in a lycée or for the rank of professor in a school of law or medicine.
- algiers — the capital of Algeria, an ancient port on the Mediterranean; until 1830 a centre of piracy. Pop: 3 260 000 (2005 est)
8 letter words containing s, g, r
- agaricus — any mushroom of the genus Agaricus, comprising the meadow mushrooms and a commercially grown species, A. brunnescens.
- agrestal — (of uncultivated plants such as weeds) growing on cultivated land
- agrestic — rural; rustic
- algorism — the Arabic or decimal system of counting
- anagrams — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
9 letter words containing s, g, r
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
- aggressed — to commit the first act of hostility or offense; attack first.
- aggressor — The aggressor in a fight or battle is the person, group, or country that starts it.
- agitators — a person who stirs up others in order to upset the status quo and further a political, social, or other cause: The boss said he would fire any union agitators.
- agterskot — the final payment to a farmer for crops
10 letter words containing s, g, r
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abstergent — cleansing or scouring
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- aeruginous — bluish-green, like copper rust
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
11 letter words containing s, g, r
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- advertising — Advertising is the activity of creating advertisements and making sure people see them.
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- aggressions — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
12 letter words containing s, g, r
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- aggressivity — the state or quality of being aggressive
- agribusiness — Agribusiness is the various businesses that produce, sell, and distribute farm products, especially on a large scale.
- agrobusiness — the businesses collectively associated with the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products.
13 letter words containing s, g, r
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
14 letter words containing s, g, r
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrating — to administer.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- anopisthograph — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
15 letter words containing s, g, r
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
16 letter words containing s, g, r
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- anti-segregation — the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group: gender segregation in some fundamentalist religions.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
17 letter words containing s, g, r
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
18 letter words containing s, g, r
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
19 letter words containing s, g, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
20 letter words containing s, g, r
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing s, g, r
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing s, g, r
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
24 letter words containing s, g, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
29 letter words containing s, g, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with S, G, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16759 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, G, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.