Words containing s, e, c, t
5 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- caste — A caste is one of the traditional social classes into which people are divided in a Hindu society.
- cates — choice dainty food; delicacies
- cents — a bronze coin of the U.S., the 100th part of a U.S. dollar: made of steel during part of 1943. Symbol: ¢.
- cesta — (in jai alai) the long basket used to throw and catch the ball
- cesti — Marcantonio [mahr-kahn-taw-nyaw] /ˌmɑr kɑnˈtɔ nyɔ/ (Show IPA), 1623–69, Italian composer.
6 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acutes — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- ascent — An ascent is an upward journey, especially when you are walking or climbing.
- aspect — An aspect of something is one of the parts of its character or nature.
- aztecs — a member of a Nahuatl-speaking state in central Mexico that was conquered by Cortés in 1521.
- bisect — If something long and thin bisects an area or line, it divides the area or line in half.
7 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acetous — containing, producing, or resembling acetic acid or vinegar
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- acquest — an acquisition
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- actress — An actress is a woman whose job is acting in plays or films.
8 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- acescent — slightly sour or turning sour
- actives' — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- activise — to make active; activate.
- actressy — exaggerated and affected in manner; theatrical
9 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acathexis — (pathology) The loss of the ability to respond emotionally.
- activates — to make active; cause to function or act.
- actualise — to make actual or real; turn into action or fact.
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- acuteness — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
10 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- accrescent — (of a calyx or other part) continuing to grow after flowering
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
11 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- acmesthesia — awareness of sharp points through the sense of touch without experiencing pain.
12 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
13 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
14 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
15 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
19 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
21 letter words containing s, e, c, t
22 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing s, e, c, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with S, E, C, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 22864 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, E, C, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.