Words containing s, d, e
4 letter words containing s, d, e
5 letter words containing s, d, e
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
- aides — nurse's aide.
- andes — a major mountain system of South America, extending for about 7250 km (4500 miles) along the entire W coast, with several parallel ranges or cordilleras and many volcanic peaks: rich in minerals, including gold, silver, copper, iron ore, and nitrates. Average height: 3900 m (13 000 ft). Highest peak: Aconcagua, 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- arsed — (AU, NZ, British, vulgar, slang) Simple past tense and past participle of arse; Bothered (as in 'can't be bothered to...').
- aside — If you move something aside, you move it to one side of you.
6 letter words containing s, d, e
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- addles — mentally confused; muddled.
- adieus — the act of leaving or departing; farewell.
7 letter words containing s, d, e
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- accused — You can use the accused to refer to a person or a group of people charged with a crime or on trial for it.
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- adenese — Adeni.
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
8 letter words containing s, d, e
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
9 letter words containing s, d, e
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
10 letter words containing s, d, e
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- accidences — the rudiments or essentials of a subject.
- accustomed — If you are accustomed to something, you know it so well or have experienced it so often that it seems natural, unsurprising, or easy to deal with.
11 letter words containing s, d, e
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
12 letter words containing s, d, e
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing s, d, e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing s, d, e
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing s, d, e
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing s, d, e
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing s, d, e
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing s, d, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing s, d, e
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
20 letter words containing s, d, e
21 letter words containing s, d, e
22 letter words containing s, d, e
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing s, d, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing s, d, e
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing s, d, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with S, D, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 31442 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, D, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.