Words containing s, a, v, e, r
5 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
6 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- anvers — French name of Antwerp.
- averse — If you say that you are not averse to something, you mean that you quite like it or quite want to do it.
- braves — possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
- craves — to long for; want greatly; desire eagerly: to crave sweets; to crave affection.
- graves — the grave accent.
7 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- adverse — Adverse decisions, conditions, or effects are unfavourable to you.
- adviser — An adviser is an expert whose job is to give advice to another person or to a group of people.
- arrives — to come to a certain point in the course of travel; reach one's destination: He finally arrived in Rome.
- avernos — a crater lake in S Italy, near Naples and the Tyrrhenian Sea, thought by ancients to be the entrance to the underworld.
8 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- airwaves — The airwaves is used to refer to the activity of broadcasting on radio and television. For example, if someone says something over the airwaves, they say it on the radio or television.
- archives — Usually, archives. documents or records relating to the activities, business dealings, etc., of a person, family, corporation, association, community, or nation.
- avengers — to take vengeance or exact satisfaction for: to avenge a grave insult.
9 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- adversary — Your adversary is someone you are competing with, or arguing or fighting against.
- adversely — unfavorable or antagonistic in purpose or effect: adverse criticism.
- adversity — Adversity is a very difficult or unfavourable situation.
10 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
11 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- adventurism — Adventurism is a willingness to take risks, especially in order to obtain an unfair advantage in politics or business.
- adventurist — If you describe someone or something as adventurist, you disapprove of them because they are willing to take risks in order to gain an unfair advantage in business or politics.
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
12 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- adversaryism — an attitude, as in labor-management negotiations, that any opposition to demands indicates an unwillingness of one side to cooperate and bargain in good faith.
- advertisable — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- aggressivity — the state or quality of being aggressive
13 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- apprehensively — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- attractiveness — providing pleasure or delight, especially in appearance or manner; pleasing; charming; alluring: an attractive personality.
- avalokitesvara — a male Bodhisattva, widely revered and identified with various persons and gods.
15 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- caernarvonshire — (until 1974) a county of NW Wales, now part of Gwynedd
- carnivorousness — flesh-eating: A dog is a carnivorous animal.
- carpentersville — a city in NE Illinois, near Chicago.
16 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
17 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
18 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
19 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
- over-sentimentality — the quality or state of being sentimental or excessively sentimental.
20 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
21 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
22 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
23 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
25 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
45 letter words containing s, a, v, e, r
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with S, A, V, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4381 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, A, V, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.