Words containing s, a, v, e
4 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- aves — the class of vertebrates comprising the birds
5 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- avens — any of several temperate or arctic rosaceous plants of the genus Geum, such as G. rivale (water avens), which has a purple calyx and orange-pink flowers
- avers — to assert or affirm with confidence; declare in a positive or peremptory manner.
- eaves — Usually, eaves. the overhanging lower edge of a roof.
- laves — to wash; bathe.
6 letter words containing s, a, v, e
7 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- actives — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- adverse — Adverse decisions, conditions, or effects are unfavourable to you.
8 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- actives' — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- activise — to make active; activate.
9 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- achievers — to bring to a successful end; carry through; accomplish: The police crackdown on speeders achieved its purpose.
- activates — to make active; cause to function or act.
10 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
11 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- acquisitive — If you describe a person or an organization as acquisitive, you do not approve of them because you think they are too concerned with getting new possessions.
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- adventurism — Adventurism is a willingness to take risks, especially in order to obtain an unfair advantage in politics or business.
12 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- adhesiveness — coated with glue, paste, mastic, or other sticky substance: adhesive bandages.
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
13 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventuristic — relating to adventurism
14 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
15 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- antivivisection — opposed to the act or practice or performing experiments on living animals, involving cutting into or dissecting the body
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
16 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
17 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
18 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- neovascularization — the development of new blood vessels, especially in tissues where circulation has been impaired by trauma or disease.
19 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- cultural-relativism — a concept that cultural norms and values derive their meaning within a specific social context. Also called cultural relativism. Compare ethnocentrism (def 2).
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- keratoconjunctivitis — inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.
21 letter words containing s, a, v, e
22 letter words containing s, a, v, e
23 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
25 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- marcus-valerius-martialis — (Marcus Valerius Martialis) a.d. 43?–104? Roman epigrammatist, born in Spain.
26 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing s, a, v, e
45 letter words containing s, a, v, e
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with S, A, V, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6474 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, A, V, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.