Words containing s, a, b, e, r
5 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
6 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- abaser — a person who abases
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- albers — Josef. 1888–1976, US painter, designer, and poet, born in Germany. His works include a series of abstract paintings entitled Homage to the Square
- barest — without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
- barnes — Djuna. 1892–1982, US novelist, noted for Nightwood (1936)
7 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abreast — If people or things walk or move abreast, they are next to each other, side by side, and facing in the same direction.
- adverbs — any member of a class of words that function as modifiers of verbs or clauses, and in some languages, as Latin and English, as modifiers of adjectives, other adverbs, or adverbial phrases, as very in very nice, much in much more impressive, and tomorrow in She'll write to you tomorrow. They relate to what they modify by indicating place (I promise to be there), time (Do your homework now!), manner (She sings beautifully), circumstance (He accidentally dropped the glass when the bell rang), degree (I'm very happy to see you), or cause (I draw, although badly). See also sentence adverb.
- ambrose — Saint. ?340–397 ad, bishop of Milan; built up the secular power of the early Christian Church; also wrote music and Latin hymns. Feast day: Dec 7 or April 4
- ascribe — If you ascribe an event or condition to a particular cause, you say or consider that it was caused by that thing.
8 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- abristle — Bristling.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
- absorber — a person or thing that absorbs
9 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absorbent — Absorbent material soaks up liquid easily.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- adsorbate — a substance that has been or is to be adsorbed on a surface
10 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorbable — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
11 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
12 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
13 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- administrable — able to be administered or managed
14 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- assemblyperson — a member of a legislative assembly, especially a member of the lower house of the legislature in certain states of the U.S.
15 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
- basses-pyrenees — former name of Pyrénées-Atlantiques.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
16 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
17 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- devils-on-horseback — a savoury of prunes wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- dutchman's-breeches — a plant, Dicentra cucullaria, of the fumitory family, having long clusters of pale-yellow, two-spurred flowers.
21 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- intersubstitutability — a person or thing acting or serving in place of another.
22 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
24 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
- laryngotracheobronchitis — A respiratory disease, a form of croup.
25 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
27 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
28 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing s, a, b, e, r
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with S, A, B, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6699 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains S, A, B, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.