Words containing r, h
4 letter words containing r, h
5 letter words containing r, h
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- ahern — Bertie. born 1951, Irish politician; leader of the Fianna Fáil party (1994–2008); prime minister of the Republic of Ireland (1997–2008)
- ahira — a Naphtalite who assisted Moses with the census in the wilderness. Num. 1:15; 2:29.
- ahura — generic title for benevolent deities in Zoroastrianism or evil deities in Hinduism.
- ahuru — a small pink cod, Auchenoceros punctatus, of SW Pacific waters
6 letter words containing r, h
- aarhus — Århus
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- abwehr — the German high-command service for espionage, counterintelligence, and sabotage during World War II.
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
7 letter words containing r, h
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- acharya — a prominent religious teacher and spiritual guide
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
8 letter words containing r, h
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
9 letter words containing r, h
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
10 letter words containing r, h
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
11 letter words containing r, h
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
12 letter words containing r, h
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
13 letter words containing r, h
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
14 letter words containing r, h
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing r, h
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
16 letter words containing r, h
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing r, h
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing r, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing r, h
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
20 letter words containing r, h
21 letter words containing r, h
22 letter words containing r, h
23 letter words containing r, h
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing r, h
28 letter words containing r, h
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing r, h
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with R, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 41554 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains R, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.