Words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
6 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
7 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- posture — the relative disposition of the parts of something.
- poulter — a member of staff within e.g. a monastery or royal household, responsible for the supply of poultry
- proteus — Classical Mythology. a sea god, son of Oceanus and Tethys, noted for his ability to assume different forms and to prophesy.
- spouter — to emit or discharge forcibly (a liquid, granulated substance, etc.) in a stream or jet.
- trouped — a company, band, or group of singers, actors, or other performers, especially one that travels about.
8 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- apterous — (of insects) without wings, as silverfish and springtails
- beauport — city in S Quebec, Canada: suburb of Quebec City: pop. 73,000
- computer — a device, usually electronic, that processes data according to a set of instructions. The digital computer stores data in discrete units and performs arithmetical and logical operations at very high speed. The analog computer has no memory and is slower than the digital computer but has a continuous rather than a discrete input. The hybrid computer combines some of the advantages of digital and analog computers
- paroquet — parakeet.
- polluter — to make foul or unclean, especially with harmful chemical or waste products; dirty: to pollute the air with smoke.
9 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- autospore — a nonmotile algal spore that develops adult characteristics before being released
- computers — Plural form of computer.
- corpulent — If you describe someone as corpulent, you mean they are fat.
- corrupted — guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
- corrupter — guilty of dishonest practices, as bribery; lacking integrity; crooked: a corrupt judge.
10 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
11 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- apodyterium — the changing room in an ancient Roman bathhouse
- aponeurotic — a whitish, fibrous membrane that connects a muscle to a bone or fascia.
- asteropaeus — a Trojan ally slain by Achilles.
- auto-repeat — a feature of computer keys whereby a character is generated repeatedly as long as the user holds down the key in question
- autographed — Simple past tense and past participle of autograph.
12 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- atmospherium — an optical system used to simulate images of atmospheric phenomena, as cloud formations, storms, and day and night, on the inside of a dome.
- autoexposure — A device that sets the exposure automatically on a camera or other piece of equipment.
- chapterhouse — the building attached to a cathedral, collegiate church, or religious house in which the chapter meets
- coleopterous — belonging to the order Coleoptera
- computerised — to control, perform, process, or store (a system, operation, or information) by means of or in an electronic computer or computers.
13 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- anti-european — opposed to the European Union or to political union of the countries of Europe
- apatosauruses — Plural form of apatosaur.
- archeptolemus — (in the Iliad) the son of Iphitus who served as a charioteer for Hector.
- autoresponder — A program that automatically generates a set response to all messages sent to a particular e-mail address.
- boustrophedon — having alternate lines written from right to left and from left to right
14 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- arborsculpture — The art and craft technique of growing and shaping tree trunks.
- autobiographer — a person who writes the story of his or her own life
- autoresponders — Plural form of autoresponder.
- broad-spectrum — effective against a wide variety of diseases or microorganisms
- castrop-rauxel — an industrial city in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia. Pop: 78 208 (2003 est)
15 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- autobiographers — Plural form of autobiographer.
- autobiographies — Plural form of autobiography.
- autostereoscopy — The display of stereoscopic images without the use of special viewing equipment.
16 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- aromatherapeutic — Of or pertaining to aromatherapy.
- australopithecus — an extinct genus of small-brained,large-toothed bipedal hominids that lived in Africa between one and four million years ago.
- autoethnographic — Using ethnographic techniques to describe one's own life, or events in which one is a participant.
- autostereoscopic — Of or pertaining to autostereoscopy.
17 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- burton-upon-trent — a town in W central England, in E Staffordshire: famous for brewing. Pop: 43 784 (2001)
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
18 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- australopithecines — Plural form of australopithecine.
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
19 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- chemolithoautotroph — (biology) A chemoautotroph or lithoautotroph.
- contemporaneousness — The state or characteristic of being contemporaneous.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counterpoint-rhythm — Music. the art of combining melodies.
20 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- chemolithoautotrophs — Plural form of chemolithoautotroph.
- chemotherapeutically — By means of chemotherapy.
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- potassium-bitartrate — a white, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 4 H 5 KO 6 , used chiefly as an ingredient in baking powders and in galvanic tinning of metals. Also called potassium bitartrate, potassium acid tartrate. Compare tartar (def 3).
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- counterinterpretation — An interpretation that goes against another interpretation.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- pseudohermaphroditism — an individual having internal reproductive organs of one sex and external sexual characteristics resembling those of the other sex or being ambiguous in nature. Compare hermaphrodite (def 1).
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
22 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
23 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- polytetrafluoroethylene — any polymer, plastic, or resin having the formula (C 2 F 4) n , prepared from tetrafluoroethylene, noted for its slippery, nonsticking properties, and used in the manufacture of gaskets, electrical insulation, tubing, candy molds, container linings, frying-pan coatings, etc.
24 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
32 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
35 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
45 letter words containing p, t, e, r, o, u
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with P, T, E, R, O, U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4236 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, T, E, R, O, U that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.