Words containing p, t, e, r
5 letter words containing p, t, e, r
6 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- arpent — a former French unit of length equal to 190 feet (approximately 58 metres)
- carpet — A carpet is a thick covering of soft material which is laid over a floor or a staircase.
- copter — A copter is a helicopter.
- depart — When something or someone departs from a place, they leave it and start a journey to another place.
- deport — If a government deports someone, usually someone who is not a citizen of that country, it sends them out of the country because they have committed a crime or because it believes they do not have the right to be there.
7 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adopter — person who adopts a child
- antwerp — a province of N Belgium. Pop: 1 668 812 (2004 est). Area: 2859 sq km (1104 sq miles)
- apteral — (esp of a classical temple) not having columns at the sides
- apteria — one of the featherless portions of the skin of a bird.
8 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- accepter — a person or thing that accepts.
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
- aperient — laxative
- aperitif — An aperitif is an alcoholic drink that you have before a meal.
- aperture — An aperture is a narrow hole or gap.
9 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- aerophoto — aerial photograph.
- aerophyte — epiphyte.
- afterclap — an unexpected, usually unwanted, repercussion of or sequel to an affair which had been thought to be closed
10 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- adsorptive — relating to or characterized by adsorption
- afterpains — cramplike pains caused by contraction of the uterus after childbirth
- afterparty — An afterparty is a small party held after a larger event, to which only a small group of guests is invited.
11 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
- acupuncture — Acupuncture is the treatment of a person's illness or pain by sticking small needles into their body at certain places.
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- aeolotropic — anisotropic
12 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- adiaphoretic — preventing or reducing perspiration.
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- alphabetizer — to put or arrange in alphabetical order.
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- amphitheater — An amphitheater is a large open area surrounded by rows of seats sloping upward. Amphitheaters were built mainly in Greek and Roman times for the performance of plays.
13 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- amphitrichate — having a single flagellum at each end.
14 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
15 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
16 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing p, t, e, r
22 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
23 letter words containing p, t, e, r
26 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
31 letter words containing p, t, e, r
32 letter words containing p, t, e, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, T, E, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 20439 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, T, E, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.