Words containing p, t
3 letter words containing p, t
- apt — An apt remark, description, or choice is especially suitable.
- atp — adenosine triphosphate; a nucleotide found in the mitochondria of all plant and animal cells. It is the major source of energy for cellular reactions, this energy being released during its conversion to ADP. Formula: C10H16N5O13P3
4 letter words containing p, t
5 letter words containing p, t
- adapt — If you adapt to a new situation or adapt yourself to it, you change your ideas or behaviour in order to deal with it successfully.
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- apart — When people or things are apart, they are some distance from each other.
- apast — past; beyond.
6 letter words containing p, t
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
- apathy — You can use apathy to talk about someone's state of mind if you are criticizing them because they do not seem to be interested in or enthusiastic about anything.
- aphtha — a small ulceration on a mucous membrane, as in thrush, caused by a fungal infection
- aplite — a light-coloured fine-grained acid igneous rock with a sugary texture, consisting of quartz and feldspars
7 letter words containing p, t
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
8 letter words containing p, t
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- acceptee — a person who has been accepted, or has accepted a position
- accepter — a person or thing that accepts.
9 letter words containing p, t
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accipiter — any hawk of the genus Accipiter, typically having short rounded wings and a long tail
10 letter words containing p, t
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
11 letter words containing p, t
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
12 letter words containing p, t
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
13 letter words containing p, t
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
14 letter words containing p, t
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing p, t
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
16 letter words containing p, t
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing p, t
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing p, t
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
19 letter words containing p, t
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
20 letter words containing p, t
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing p, t
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
23 letter words containing p, t
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with P, T. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 40646 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, T that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.