Words containing p, l, a, s
4 letter words containing p, l, a, s
5 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- alsip — a town in NE Illinois.
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- clasp — If you clasp someone or something, you hold them tightly in your hands or arms.
- flaps — something flat and broad that is attached at one side only and hangs loosely or covers an opening: the flap of an envelope; the flap of a pocket.
- lapis — (italics) Latin. stone (used in Latin names for minerals, gems, etc.)
6 letter words containing p, l, a, s
7 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- apelles — 4th century bc, Greek painter of mythological subjects, none of whose work survives, his fame resting on the testimony of Pliny and other writers
- aplasia — congenital absence or abnormal development of an organ or part
8 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- all-pass — Radio. (of a network, transducer, etc.) transmitting signals without significant attenuation of any frequencies.
- allspice — Allspice is a powder used as a spice in cooking, which is made from the berries of a tropical American tree.
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- alphonso — a masculine name
9 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- aeropulse — a pulsejet engine
- alloplasm — part of the cytoplasm that is specialized to form cilia, flagella, and similar structures
- alphonsus — a crater in the SE quadrant of the moon, about 112 km in diameter, in which volcanic activity may have occurred
- ampleness — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
10 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acatalepsy — the state of being impossible to conceive or understand
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
11 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aesculapian — of or relating to Aesculapius or to the art of medicine
- aesculapius — the Roman god of medicine or healing
- alderperson — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
12 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- adrianopolis — Edirne
- allomorphism — variation in the crystalline form of a chemical compound
- alpine-style — of or in an ascent (esp in high mountains like the Himalayas) in which the climbers carry all their equipment with them in a single ascent from base to summit
13 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- almond-shaped — oval
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
14 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- allotransplant — allograft.
15 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- anisotropically — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
16 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
17 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
18 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
- hyper-nationalistic — a person devoted to nationalism.
20 letter words containing p, l, a, s
21 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hypercholesterolaemia — the condition of having a high concentration of cholesterol in the blood
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
22 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
23 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing p, l, a, s
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
On this page, we collect all words with P, L, A, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10933 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, L, A, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.