Words containing p, l, a
3 letter words containing p, l, a
4 letter words containing p, l, a
5 letter words containing p, l, a
- alapa — the light blow on the cheek delivered by the bishop in a confirmation service.
- aleph — the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet (א) articulated as a glottal stop and transliterated with a superior comma (')
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
- alpha — the first letter in the Greek alphabet (Α, α), a vowel transliterated as a
- alsip — a town in NE Illinois.
6 letter words containing p, l, a
- adolph — a masculine name: equiv. L. Adolphus, Fr. Adolphe, Ger. Adolf
- aleppo — an ancient city in NW Syria: industrial and commercial centre; scene of heavy fighting from 2012 between various rebel forces and army units loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. Pop: 2 505 000 (2005 est)
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- alpaca — Alpaca is a type of soft wool.
- alpena — a city in NE Michigan, on Lake Huron.
7 letter words containing p, l, a
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- airplay — The airplay which a piece of popular music receives is the number of times it is played on the radio.
- alcopop — an alcoholic drink that tastes like a soft drink
- allport — Gordon W(illard) 1897–1967, U.S. psychologist and educator.
8 letter words containing p, l, a
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
9 letter words containing p, l, a
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
10 letter words containing p, l, a
11 letter words containing p, l, a
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
12 letter words containing p, l, a
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
13 letter words containing p, l, a
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
14 letter words containing p, l, a
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing p, l, a
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing p, l, a
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
17 letter words containing p, l, a
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing p, l, a
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing p, l, a
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- autotransplantation — autograft.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing p, l, a
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
22 letter words containing p, l, a
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing p, l, a
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with P, L, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 22651 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, L, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.