Words containing p, h, o, r
6 letter words containing p, h, o, r
7 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- arapaho — a member of a North American Indian people of the Plains, now living chiefly in Oklahoma and Wyoming
- atrophy — If a muscle or other part of the body atrophies, it decreases in size or strength, often as a result of an illness.
- bimorph — an assembly of two piezoelectric crystals cemented together so that an applied voltage causes one to expand and the other to contract, converting electrical signals into mechanical energy. Conversely, bending can generate a voltage: used in loudspeakers, gramophone pick-ups, etc
8 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- amorphic — Having no defined shape, lacking form; amorphous.
- amphorae — a large two-handled storage jar having an oval body, usually tapering to a point at the base, with a pair of handles extending from immediately below the lip to the shoulder: used chiefly for oil, wine, etc., and, set on a foot, as a commemorative vase awarded the victors in contests such as the Panathenaic games.
- amphoric — resembling the sound produced by blowing into a bottle. Amphoric breath sounds are heard through a stethoscope placed over a cavity in the lung
- anaphora — the use of a word such as a pronoun that has the same reference as a word previously used in the same discourse. In the sentence John wrote the essay in the library but Peter did it at home, both did and it are examples of anaphora
- anthrop. — anthropological
9 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
10 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
- acrophobic — a pathological fear of heights.
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
11 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
12 letter words containing p, h, o, r
13 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
14 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
15 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
16 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
17 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing p, h, o, r
23 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
24 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
31 letter words containing p, h, o, r
32 letter words containing p, h, o, r
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, H, O, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8837 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, H, O, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.