Words containing p, h, o, n
6 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- chopin — Frédéric (François) (frederik). 1810–49, Polish composer and pianist active in France, who wrote chiefly for the piano: noted for his harmonic imagination and his lyrical and melancholy qualities
- hogpen — pigpen (def 1).
- holpen — a past participle of help.
- hoping — the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
- hypno- — indicating sleep
7 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
- aphonia — loss of the voice caused by damage to the vocal tract
- aphonic — affected with aphonia
- chopine — a sandal-like shoe on tall wooden or cork bases popular in the 18th century
8 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- alphonso — a masculine name
- anaphora — the use of a word such as a pronoun that has the same reference as a word previously used in the same discourse. In the sentence John wrote the essay in the library but Peter did it at home, both did and it are examples of anaphora
- anthrop. — anthropological
- antiphon — a short passage, usually from the Bible, recited or sung as a response after certain parts of a liturgical service
9 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- allophane — a variously coloured amorphous mineral consisting of hydrated aluminium silicate and occurring in cracks in some sedimentary rocks
- allophone — any of several speech sounds that are regarded as contextual or environmental variants of the same phoneme. In English the aspirated initial (p) in pot and the unaspirated (p) in spot are allophones of the phoneme /p/
- alpenhorn — a long, powerful horn of wood or bark, with a cupped mouthpiece and a curved bell at opposite ends, used by Swiss herders and mountaineers.
10 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- allophonic — any of the members of a class of speech sounds that, taken together, are commonly felt to be a phoneme, as the t- sounds of toe, stow, tree, hatpin, catcall, cats, catnip, button, metal, city; a speech sound constituting one of the phonetic manifestations or variants of a particular phoneme.
- ambiophony — the reproduction of sound to create an illusion to a listener of being in a spacious room, such as a concert hall
- amphictyon — a delegate to an amphictyonic council
11 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- allophylian — (of languages, especially those of Europe and Asia) neither Indo-European nor Semitic.
- aminophenol — any of three isomeric forms that are soluble crystalline solids, used as a dye intermediate (meta- and ortho-), in dyeing hair, fur, and textiles (ortho- and para-), and as a photographic developer (para-). Formula: C6H4NH2OH
- amniography — an x-ray examination of the amniotic sac after the injection of an opaque solution, performed to permit visualization of the umbilical cord and the placenta.
- amphictyony — (in ancient Greece) a religious association of states for the maintenance of temples and the cults connected with them
12 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
- amphictyonic — of or relating to an amphictyon or an amphictyony.
- amphotericin — an amphoteric antibiotic produced by the bacterium Streptomyces nodosus and used in the treatment of fungal infections.
- anamorphosis — an image or drawing distorted in such a way that it becomes recognizable only when viewed in a specified manner or through a special device
13 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- allophanamide — biuret.
14 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
15 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
16 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
17 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
19 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
20 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
21 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing p, h, o, n
23 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
24 letter words containing p, h, o, n
29 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
31 letter words containing p, h, o, n
32 letter words containing p, h, o, n
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, H, O, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6818 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, H, O, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.