Words containing p, a, b
3 letter words containing p, a, b
4 letter words containing p, a, b
- baps — a woman's breasts
- bupa — The British United Provident Association Limited: a company which provides private medical insurance
- paba — para-aminobenzoic acid.
- pabx — (communications) (PABX) A telephone exchange operated within an organisation, used for switching calls between internal lines and between internal and PSTN lines. In contrast to a PMBX, a PABX can route calls without manual intervention, based entirely on the number dialed. Not all PABXs can route external calls to internal numbers automatically however.
5 letter words containing p, a, b
6 letter words containing p, a, b
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
- aplomb — If you do something with aplomb, you do it with confidence in a relaxed way.
- archbp — archbishop
- backup — Backup consists of extra equipment, resources, or people that you can get help or support from if necessary.
- ballup — a state of confusion; mix-up.
7 letter words containing p, a, b
- appleby — a town in NW England, in Cumbria: famous for its annual horse fair. Pop: 2862 (2001)
- baaskap — (formerly in South Africa) control by White people of non-White people
- bagpipe — of or relating to the bagpipes
- bang-up — excellent; extraordinary.
- baptise — to immerse in water or sprinkle or pour water on in the Christian rite of baptism: They baptized the new baby.
8 letter words containing p, a, b
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- alphabet — An alphabet is a set of letters usually presented in a fixed order which is used for writing the words of a particular language or group of languages.
- amblypod — one of the primitive ungulate mammals of the extinct order Pantodonta, from the Paleocene and Eocene epochs, having a massive body and short legs.
9 letter words containing p, a, b
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adoptable — able to be adopted
- albertype — collotype.
10 letter words containing p, a, b
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
11 letter words containing p, a, b
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
- agoraphobic — Someone who is agoraphobic suffers from agoraphobia.
12 letter words containing p, a, b
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
- aelurophobia — ailurophobia.
13 letter words containing p, a, b
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- anticipatable — capable of being anticipated
14 letter words containing p, a, b
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing p, a, b
16 letter words containing p, a, b
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- autobiographical — An autobiographical piece of writing relates to events in the life of the person who has written it.
- bathythermograph — a device for measuring the temperature of the ocean at any specific depth down to c. 1,800 m (c. 5,900 ft)
17 letter words containing p, a, b
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- boileau-despreaux — Nicolas [nee-kaw-lah] /ni kɔˈlɑ/ (Show IPA), 1636–1711, French critic and poet.
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
18 letter words containing p, a, b
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- controllable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed during navigation or flight; variable-pitch.
19 letter words containing p, a, b
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- paradichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
20 letter words containing p, a, b
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
21 letter words containing p, a, b
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
23 letter words containing p, a, b
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words containing p, a, b
32 letter words containing p, a, b
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with P, A, B. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5883 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains P, A, B that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.