Words containing o, y, l
4 letter words containing o, y, l
5 letter words containing o, y, l
- alloy — An alloy is a metal that is made by mixing two or more types of metal together.
- blowy — windy
- boyla — an Aboriginal Australian magician or medicine-man
- boyle — Robert. 1627–91, Irish scientist who helped to dissociate chemistry from alchemy. He established that air has weight and studied the behaviour of gases; author of The Sceptical Chymist (1661)
- cloys — to weary by an excess of food, sweetness, pleasure, etc.; surfeit; satiate.
6 letter words containing o, y, l
- aliyos — the act of proceeding to the reading table in a synagogue for the reading of a portion from the Torah.
- aliyot — the act of proceeding to the reading table in a synagogue for the reading of a portion from the Torah.
- alkoxy — denoting an alkyl group bonded to an oxygen atom
- allyou — all of you
- alyson — a female given name, form of Alice.
7 letter words containing o, y, l
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- acyloin — an organic compound containing a hydroxyl group attached to a carbonyl group
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
- alimony — Alimony is money that a court of law orders someone to pay regularly to their former wife or husband after they have got divorced. Compare palimony.
8 letter words containing o, y, l
9 letter words containing o, y, l
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- acyclovir — an antiviral drug used to treat herpes. Formula: C8H11N5O3
- acylation — the introduction into a chemical compound of an acyl group
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
- adoringly — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
10 letter words containing o, y, l
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
11 letter words containing o, y, l
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words containing o, y, l
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
13 letter words containing o, y, l
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
14 letter words containing o, y, l
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
15 letter words containing o, y, l
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
16 letter words containing o, y, l
17 letter words containing o, y, l
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing o, y, l
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
19 letter words containing o, y, l
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing o, y, l
21 letter words containing o, y, l
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
22 letter words containing o, y, l
23 letter words containing o, y, l
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing o, y, l
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with O, Y, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14963 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, Y, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.