Words containing o, y
4 letter words containing o, y
- ahoy — Ahoy is something that people in boats shout in order to attract attention.
- amoy — a port in SE China, in Fujian province on Amoy Island, at the mouth of the Jiulong River opposite Taiwan: one of the first treaty ports opened to European trade (1842). Pop: 746 000 (2005 est)
- bayo — a pinto or chili bean.
- body — Your body is all your physical parts, including your head, arms, and legs.
5 letter words containing o, y
6 letter words containing o, y
- abomey — a city in SW Benin.
- abydos — an ancient town in central Egypt: site of many temples and tombs
- agouty — agouti.
- aliyos — the act of proceeding to the reading table in a synagogue for the reading of a portion from the Torah.
- aliyot — the act of proceeding to the reading table in a synagogue for the reading of a portion from the Torah.
7 letter words containing o, y
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- acronym — An acronym is a word composed of the first letters of the words in a phrase, especially when this is used as a name. An example of an acronym is NATO which is made up of the first letters of the 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'.
- acyloin — an organic compound containing a hydroxyl group attached to a carbonyl group
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
8 letter words containing o, y
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
- acrology — acrophony.
- acronyms — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- additory — additional
- adorably — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
9 letter words containing o, y
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
10 letter words containing o, y
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
11 letter words containing o, y
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words containing o, y
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
13 letter words containing o, y
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
14 letter words containing o, y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
15 letter words containing o, y
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
16 letter words containing o, y
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
17 letter words containing o, y
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
18 letter words containing o, y
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
19 letter words containing o, y
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing o, y
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
24 letter words containing o, y
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with O, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28420 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.