Words containing o, s
4 letter words containing o, s
5 letter words containing o, s
- actos — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
- adios — goodbye; farewell
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- agios — a premium on money in exchange.
- aidos — shame
6 letter words containing o, s
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aboves — in, at, or to a higher place.
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
- abydos — an ancient town in central Egypt: site of many temples and tombs
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
7 letter words containing o, s
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abiosis — absence of life
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
8 letter words containing o, s
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
9 letter words containing o, s
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
10 letter words containing o, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
11 letter words containing o, s
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
12 letter words containing o, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
13 letter words containing o, s
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
14 letter words containing o, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
15 letter words containing o, s
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
16 letter words containing o, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
17 letter words containing o, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
18 letter words containing o, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing o, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing o, s
21 letter words containing o, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing o, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing o, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with O, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 77439 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.