Words containing o, p, y
4 letter words containing o, p, y
5 letter words containing o, p, y
6 letter words containing o, p, y
- biopsy — A biopsy is the removal and examination of fluids or tissue from a patient's body in order to discover why they are ill.
- canopy — A canopy is a decorated cover, often made of cloth, which is placed above something such as a bed or a seat.
- choppy — When water is choppy, there are a lot of small waves on it because there is a wind blowing.
- comply — If someone or something complies with an order or set of rules, they are in accordance with what is required or expected.
- copley — John Singleton. 1738–1815, US painter
7 letter words containing o, p, y
- apogamy — a type of reproduction, occurring in some ferns, in which the sporophyte develops from the gametophyte without fusion of gametes
- apology — An apology is something that you say or write in order to tell someone that you are sorry that you have hurt them or caused trouble for them.
- apopyle — (in sponges) a pore in each of the saclike chambers formed by the evagination of the body wall, through which water passes into the excurrent canals.
- atrophy — If a muscle or other part of the body atrophies, it decreases in size or strength, often as a result of an illness.
- autopsy — An autopsy is an examination of a dead body by a doctor who cuts it open in order to try to discover the cause of death.
8 letter words containing o, p, y
- allotype — an additional type specimen selected because of differences from the original type specimen, such as opposite sex or morphological details
- amblypod — one of the primitive ungulate mammals of the extinct order Pantodonta, from the Paleocene and Eocene epochs, having a massive body and short legs.
- apiology — the scientific study of bees
- apollyon — the destroyer, a name given to the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- apophony — a change in the quality of a vowel sound to indicate grammatical change
9 letter words containing o, p, y
10 letter words containing o, p, y
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aeroscepsy — perception of atmospheric conditions, as the perception of odors by the antennae of insects.
- agrypnotic — inducing, relating to, or characterized by insomnia
11 letter words containing o, p, y
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- allelopathy — the inhibitory effect of one living plant upon another by the release of toxic substances
- allophylian — (of languages, especially those of Europe and Asia) neither Indo-European nor Semitic.
- amblyoscope — an instrument used to train an amblyopic eye to function properly.
12 letter words containing o, p, y
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
13 letter words containing o, p, y
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aerophilately — the study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, etc.
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
14 letter words containing o, p, y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- angiomyolipoma — (medicine) A common benign tumour of the kidney.
15 letter words containing o, p, y
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
16 letter words containing o, p, y
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
- arteriocapillary — Relating to the arteries and the capillaries.
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
17 letter words containing o, p, y
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
18 letter words containing o, p, y
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
19 letter words containing o, p, y
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
20 letter words containing o, p, y
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
22 letter words containing o, p, y
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
24 letter words containing o, p, y
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
31 letter words containing o, p, y
On this page, we collect all words with O, P, Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9992 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, P, Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.