Words containing o, p, e, n, s
5 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- nepos — Cornelius, 99?–24? b.c, Roman biographer and historian.
6 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- opines — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of opine.
7 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- dapsone — an antimicrobial drug used to treat leprosy and certain types of dermatitis. Formula: C12H12N2O2S
- despond — to lose heart or hope; become disheartened; despair
- isoneph — a line on a weather map or chart connecting points having the same amount of cloudiness.
- openers — a person or thing that opens.
- pannose — having the texture of felt or woolen cloth.
8 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
9 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
- anopheles — any of various mosquitoes constituting the genus Anopheles, some species of which transmit the malaria parasite to man
- ante-post — In gambling, ante-post bets are placed before the day of a particular race or competition.
- antipodes — People sometimes refer to Australia and New Zealand as the Antipodes.
- aspersion — a disparaging or malicious remark; slanderous accusation (esp in the phrase cast aspersions (on))
10 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- aeroponics — aeroculture.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
- andropause — the period, usually occurring between the ages of 45 and 55, during which a man's testosterone levels may fall, leading to a reduction in vigour and sexual drive
- androspore — the zoospore of certain algae that develops into a small male plant producing antherozoids.
11 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- alderperson — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
- amphigenous — (of certain parasitic fungi) growing on both sides of leaves.
12 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
- anemophilous — (of flowering plants such as grasses) pollinated by the wind
- anemotropism — orientation in response to a current of air.
- anteposition — the position opposite a given part of a plant
- anti-strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode answering a previous strophe, sung by the chorus when returning from left to right.
13 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- almond-shaped — oval
- amorphousness — lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
14 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
15 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
16 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
17 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
18 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
21 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- hysterosalpingography — (medicine) X-ray examination of the uterus and oviducts following injection of a radiopaque substance.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- interrogator-responsor — a radio or radar transceiver for sending a signal to a transponder and receiving and interpreting the reply.
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
23 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
24 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
26 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing o, p, e, n, s
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
On this page, we collect all words with O, P, E, N, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9359 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, P, E, N, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.