Words containing o, f
4 letter words containing o, f
5 letter words containing o, f
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- afnor — Association Française de Normalisation: the standards organization of France
- afoot — If you say that a plan or scheme is afoot, it is already happening or being planned, but you do not know much about it.
- afore — before
- afoul — in or into a state of difficulty, confusion, or conflict (with)
6 letter words containing o, f
- afford — If you cannot afford something, you do not have enough money to pay for it.
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- afocal — denoting a method for transferring an image without bringing it into focus
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
7 letter words containing o, f
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
- affords — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- affront — If something affronts you, you feel insulted and hurt because of it.
- afl-cio — American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations: a federation of independent American trade unions formed by the union of these two groups in 1955
- afognak — an island off southern Alaska, in the Gulf of Alaska, N of Kodiak Island. 721 sq. mi. (1867 sq. km).
8 letter words containing o, f
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
- aerofoil — a cross section of an aileron, wing, tailplane, or rotor blade
- afforded — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
9 letter words containing o, f
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affording — to be able to do, manage, or bear without serious consequence or adverse effect: The country can't afford another drought.
- affronted — experiencing an insult
10 letter words containing o, f
11 letter words containing o, f
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- afficionado — aficionado.
12 letter words containing o, f
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
13 letter words containing o, f
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affordability — that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means: attractive new cars at affordable prices.
14 letter words containing o, f
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
15 letter words containing o, f
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- autotransfusion — a process in which a patient receives some of his or her own blood in a transfusion rather than a donor's blood
16 letter words containing o, f
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- binocular-fusion — the act or process of fusing; the state of being fused.
17 letter words containing o, f
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
18 letter words containing o, f
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing o, f
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing o, f
22 letter words containing o, f
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing o, f
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing o, f
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with O, F. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 23998 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains O, F that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.