Words containing n, o, v
4 letter words containing n, o, v
- avon — a former county of SW England, created in 1974 from areas of N Somerset and S Gloucestershire: replaced in 1996 by the unitary authorities of Bath and North East Somerset (Somerset), North Somerset (Somerset), South Gloucestershire (Gloucestershire), and Bristol
5 letter words containing n, o, v
- anova — analysis of variance
- convo — a conversation
- coven — A coven is a group of witches.
- covin — a conspiracy between two or more persons to act to the detriment or injury of another
- devon — a county of SW England, between the Bristol Channel and the English Channel, including the island of Lundy: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Plymouth and Torbay, which became independent unitary authorities in 1998; hilly, rising to the uplands of Exmoor and Dartmoor, with wooded river valleys and a rugged coastline. Administrative centre: Exeter. Pop (excluding unitary authorities): 714 900 (2003 est). Area (excluding unitary authorities): 6569 sq km (2536 sq miles)
6 letter words containing n, o, v
- avalon — an island paradise in the western seas: in Arthurian legend it is where King Arthur was taken after he was mortally wounded
- avedon — Richard, 1923–2004, U.S. photographer.
- averno — a crater lake in Italy, near Naples: in ancient times regarded as an entrance to hell
- avlona — former name of Vlorë.
- bovine — Bovine means relating to cattle.
7 letter words containing n, o, v
- anchovy — Anchovies are small fish that live in the sea. They are often eaten salted.
- andover — a city in NE Massachusetts.
- avernos — a crater lake in S Italy, near Naples and the Tyrrhenian Sea, thought by ancients to be the entrance to the underworld.
- aveyron — a department of S France in Midi-Pyrénées region. Capital: Rodez. Pop: 266 940 (2003 est). Area: 8771 sq km (3421 sq miles)
- avignon — a city in SE France, on the Rhône: seat of the papacy (1309–77); famous 12th-century bridge, now partly destroyed. Pop: 94 787 (2006)
8 letter words containing n, o, v
- advowson — the right of presentation to a vacant benefice
- alluvion — the wash of the sea or of a river
- andropov — Yuri Vladimirovich. 1914–84, Soviet statesman; president of the Soviet Union (1983–84)
- anovular — not associated with or accompanied by ovulation
- avenzoar — 1091?–1162, Arab physician and writer in Spain: founder of Almohad dynasty.
9 letter words containing n, o, v
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- advection — the transference of heat energy in a horizontal stream of gas, esp of air
- anchoveta — a small anchovy, Cetengraulis mysticetus, of the American Pacific, used as bait by tuna fishermen
- anovulant — any drug preventing ovulation
- antinovel — a type of prose fiction in which conventional or traditional novelistic elements are rejected
10 letter words containing n, o, v
- activation — to make active; cause to function or act.
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
- advocating — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
- advocation — the transfer to itself by a superior court of an action pending in a lower court
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
11 letter words containing n, o, v
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- adventurous — Someone who is adventurous is willing to take risks and to try new methods. Something that is adventurous involves new things or ideas.
- aestivation — the act or condition of aestivating
- aggravation — the act of aggravating, or making worse, or the condition of being aggravated
12 letter words containing n, o, v
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- activization — to make active; activate.
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- adventitious — added or appearing accidentally or unexpectedly
- antananarivo — the capital of Madagascar, on the central plateau: founded in the 17th century by a Hova chief; university (1961). Pop: 1 808 000 (2005 est)
13 letter words containing n, o, v
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- alkali-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 7.1 to 9 for optimal growth.
14 letter words containing n, o, v
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
15 letter words containing n, o, v
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anti-revolution — an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
16 letter words containing n, o, v
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- atrioventricular — of, relating to, or affecting both the atria and the ventricles of the heart
- bioenvironmental — pertaining to the environment of living organisms: Bioenvironmental engineers seek to reduce air and water pollution.
17 letter words containing n, o, v
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
18 letter words containing n, o, v
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
19 letter words containing n, o, v
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
20 letter words containing n, o, v
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
21 letter words containing n, o, v
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
23 letter words containing n, o, v
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
26 letter words containing n, o, v
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
27 letter words containing n, o, v
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with N, O, V. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8951 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains N, O, V that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.