Words containing n, o, s, e, d
6 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- donets — a river rising in the SW Russian Federation near Belgorod, flowing SE through Ukraine to the Don River. About 650 miles (1045 km) long.
- donsie — Midland U.S. somewhat sick, weak, or lacking in vitality; not completely well.
- dozens — a group of 12.
- edison — Thomas Alva [al-vuh] /ˈæl və/ (Show IPA), 1847–1931, U.S. inventor, especially of electrical devices.
7 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- anodise — to coat (a metal, especially magnesium or aluminum) with a protective film by chemical or electrolytic means.
- dapsone — an antimicrobial drug used to treat leprosy and certain types of dermatitis. Formula: C12H12N2O2S
- denison — a city in NE Texas.
- desmond — 15th Earl of, title of Gerald Fitzgerald. died 1583, Anglo-Irish nobleman, who led a Catholic rebellion (1579) against English domination of Ireland
- desnood — to remove the snood of (a turkey poult) to reduce the risk of cannibalism
8 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- adenoids — Adenoids are soft lumps of flesh at the back and top of a person's throat that sometimes become swollen and have to be removed.
- adenosis — a minor glandular condition typified by swelling of the lymph glands
- adhesion — Adhesion is the ability of one thing to stick firmly to another.
- adonises — Classical Mythology. a youth slain by a wild boar but permitted by Zeus to pass four months every year in the lower world with Persephone, four with Aphrodite, and four wherever he chose.
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
9 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- acesodyne — mitigating pain; anodyne.
- adenosine — a nucleoside formed by the condensation of adenine and ribose. It is present in all living cells in a combined form, as in ribonucleic acids. Formula: C10H13N5O4
- adsorbent — capable of adsorption
10 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- adenovirus — any of a group of viruses that can cause upper respiratory diseases in man
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- adroitness — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
- alessandro — Victor Nicholas, 1915–76, U.S. orchestra conductor.
11 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- adenoiditis — inflammation of the adenoid tissue.
- adenomatous — characterized by a collection of glandular growths
- adenomyosis — (medicine) A medical condition characterized by the presence of ectopic glandular tissue in the surrounding muscles, particularly of the endometrial tissue of the uterus in the myometrium, sometimes considered as a form of endometriosis.
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- adorableness — very attractive or delightful; charming: What an adorable hat!
13 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
15 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
16 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
17 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
18 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- controlled-release — A controlled-release drug or preparation is released into the body in specified amounts over a specified period of time.
19 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
20 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
21 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
22 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
23 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
24 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
27 letter words containing n, o, s, e, d
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with N, O, S, E, D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10382 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains N, O, S, E, D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.