Words containing n, e, s
5 letter words containing n, e, s
- agnes — Saint. ?292–?304 ad, Christian child martyr under Diocletian. Feast day: Jan 21
- aisne — a department of NE France, in Picardy region. Capital: Laon. Pop: 535 326 (2003 est). Area: 7428 sq km (2897 sq miles)
- amens — verily; truly.
- andes — a major mountain system of South America, extending for about 7250 km (4500 miles) along the entire W coast, with several parallel ranges or cordilleras and many volcanic peaks: rich in minerals, including gold, silver, copper, iron ore, and nitrates. Average height: 3900 m (13 000 ft). Highest peak: Aconcagua, 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- anise — Anise is a plant with seeds that have a strong smell and taste. It is often made into an alcoholic drink.
6 letter words containing n, e, s
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- aeneas — a Trojan prince, the son of Anchises and Aphrodite, who escaped the sack of Troy and sailed to Italy via Carthage and Sicily. After seven years, he and his followers established themselves near the site of the future Rome
- agnesi — Maria Gaetana. 1718–99, Italian mathematician and philosopher, noted for her work on differential calculus
- agones — (in ancient Greece) a contest in which prizes were awarded in any of a number of events, as athletics, drama, music, poetry, and painting.
- alines — (especially in women's clothing) a cut of garment consisting basically of two A -shaped panels for the front and back, designed to give increasing fullness toward the hemline.
7 letter words containing n, e, s
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- acheson — Dean (Gooderham). 1893–1971, US lawyer and statesman: secretary of state (1949–53) under President Truman
- acinose — consisting of acini.
8 letter words containing n, e, s
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
9 letter words containing n, e, s
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
10 letter words containing n, e, s
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
11 letter words containing n, e, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
12 letter words containing n, e, s
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
13 letter words containing n, e, s
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
14 letter words containing n, e, s
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
15 letter words containing n, e, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing n, e, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing n, e, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words containing n, e, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words containing n, e, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing n, e, s
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
21 letter words containing n, e, s
22 letter words containing n, e, s
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing n, e, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing n, e, s
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing n, e, s
28 letter words containing n, e, s
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing n, e, s
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with N, E, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 54966 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains N, E, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.