Words containing n, a, s
4 letter words containing n, a, s
- anas — a collection of miscellaneous information about a particular subject, person, place, or thing.
- anes — once.
- anis — a French or Spanish liqueur flavored with aniseed
- ansa — the apparent extremities of planetary rings, esp those of Saturn, when viewed from such a perspective that they look like handles
- ansi — American National Standards Institution
5 letter words containing n, a, s
- agnes — Saint. ?292–?304 ad, Christian child martyr under Diocletian. Feast day: Jan 21
- aisne — a department of NE France, in Picardy region. Capital: Laon. Pop: 535 326 (2003 est). Area: 7428 sq km (2897 sq miles)
- akins — Zoë [zoh-ee] /ˈzoʊ i/ (Show IPA), 1886–1958, U.S. playwright.
- amens — verily; truly.
- andes — a major mountain system of South America, extending for about 7250 km (4500 miles) along the entire W coast, with several parallel ranges or cordilleras and many volcanic peaks: rich in minerals, including gold, silver, copper, iron ore, and nitrates. Average height: 3900 m (13 000 ft). Highest peak: Aconcagua, 6960 m (22 835 ft)
6 letter words containing n, a, s
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- acinus — any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
- adonis — a handsome youth loved by Aphrodite. Killed by a wild boar, he was believed to spend part of the year in the underworld and part on earth, symbolizing the vegetative cycle
- aeneas — a Trojan prince, the son of Anchises and Aphrodite, who escaped the sack of Troy and sailed to Italy via Carthage and Sicily. After seven years, he and his followers established themselves near the site of the future Rome
- afonso — Portuguese name of Alfonso I and Alfonso V.
7 letter words containing n, a, s
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abscind — to cut off
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
8 letter words containing n, a, s
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abrasion — An abrasion is an area on a person's body where the skin has been scraped.
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
9 letter words containing n, a, s
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
10 letter words containing n, a, s
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
11 letter words containing n, a, s
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
12 letter words containing n, a, s
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
13 letter words containing n, a, s
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
14 letter words containing n, a, s
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing n, a, s
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
16 letter words containing n, a, s
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
17 letter words containing n, a, s
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
18 letter words containing n, a, s
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
19 letter words containing n, a, s
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
20 letter words containing n, a, s
21 letter words containing n, a, s
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing n, a, s
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing n, a, s
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with N, A, S. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 46595 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains N, A, S that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.